New M&P 9

Marks45ACP

Well-Known Fanatic
I got a new M&P 9 full size this weekend! Already got the Apex kit for it - I should be good to go for the Heartland shoot this weekend!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Attachments

• M&P 9.jpg
    M&P 9.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 37

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
i'm gonna need to run some rounds through that, might be time for me to upgrade...

Marks45ACP

Well-Known Fanatic
I got the DCAEK kit since I will probably carry it some. I ordered it off of cheaperthandirt for $70 and paid for upgraded shipping + $12 and I got it the next day!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Heartland match is this weekend already? Make sure i remember to try out that trigger before or after the match!

Jeremy Moore

Well-Known Fanatic
Another good Apex trigger is their FSS trigger with a duty action spring. It's what I have in my carry gun. It's the closest thing to a 1911 trigger yet high capacity

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
My one suggestion would be to leave the stock springs in when you install the DCAEK. The DCAEK springs actually increase the pull weight of the trigger to 5-ish pounds; with just the USB and hard sear, my trigger is at 4-ish. It's a good compromise between a carry trigger and a competition trigger IMO.

Also, change those goddamn sights. I thought M&P stock sights were OK until I installed some Warren Tacticals and realized how horrible the stock ones were by comparison.

Marks45ACP

Well-Known Fanatic
My one suggestion would be to leave the stock springs in when you install the DCAEK. The DCAEK springs actually increase the pull weight of the trigger to 5-ish pounds; with just the USB and hard sear, my trigger is at 4-ish. It's a good compromise between a carry trigger and a competition trigger IMO.

Also, change those goddamn sights. I thought M&P stock sights were OK until I installed some Warren Tacticals and realized how horrible the stock ones were by comparison.

I will have to check into those warren sights - I was thinking about upgrading those next!

Latest posts