New from south of the Red River

justaute

Fanatic
All,

Just want to say a quick "hello" from Fort Worth. I had been browsing through this site a few times, but never did sign up. Had the pleasure -- I think -- of shooting with Brandon at USPSA Area 4 this past September. :)

Ken

justaute

Fanatic
Thanks, csiedmond1.

FWIW... I started shooting USPSA in January 2011 -- seriously hooked. Shot my first pistol back in the fall of 2010. I shoot the Production division using CZ Shadows. As a former collegiate athlete, sort of, my competitive blood gets flowing quite easily. Thus, I treat USPSA as a "sport." :)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the site.

Collegiate Athlete = 3 Gun. You should join us at 3 Mils Right this Sunday the 8th. It's gonna be awesome!!! There are at least 10 of us coming so we will have plenty of guns and gear to get you ready to shoot. Let us know if you want to give it a try.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I can say for a guy who started shooting last year - Ken is a HOSS!!!!!!

Glad to see you join Ken - look forward to seeing you at the MS Classic!!!! (Or Double Tap if you chicken out - be looking for a msg on facebook about squad for DTC - Carrie is going to hop in with us again)

justaute

Fanatic
All,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

- JT... I've never really shot a rifle before. As a former javelin thrower, I can probably throw an AR-15 better than I can shoot it . LOL. Seriously, I have a few personal goals I want to achieve in USPSA Production, so other adventurers will have to wait a bit. Plus, I have too many interests. Still play organized, competitive volleyball and basketball -- at least as much as my knees allow.

- Brandon... Thanks for getting my a$$ to sign-up on this site. It's cool. Again, I'm going to be MIA for MS Classic as Texas Open is that same weekend. So it appears DTR will be it. I'll keep my eye open for the squadding post.

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
Ken, welcome to the party. There's a great bunch of people on here and always ready to offer you anything they have, within reason of coarse :), to assist you in the shooting sports. May try to tag along with Brandon to one of the Double Tap venues this year and will look forward to meeting you.

jtischauser

Ken if you progressed that fast with a pistol shooting a rifle will be easy for you. Borrow some guns and gear and give it a try sooner than later. U will thank me I promise.

justaute

Fanatic
JT -- thanks again for the kind advice. I have yet to really progress that "fast." I'm only a B-class in Production. At this point, I have only enough time to do one or two live-fire practice a month, which isn't much. In short, my disposable time is quite limited.

I'll try the whole rifle/3-gun thing soon enough. I have a feeling that either way, I will be thanking you later. For now, gotta find time to do some practice. This year's goal is high-A, and Master would be nice..

Ken if you progressed that fast with a pistol shooting a rifle will be easy for you. Borrow some guns and gear and give it a try sooner than later. U will thank me I promise.

jtischauser

Andersen and I made B class in a year and we thought that was fast until chambers made M in a year. You're in the right track. But the 3 gun track has B class guys winning rifles at major matches whereas pistol matches its random draw for 5 guns. :(

Latest posts