New Carbon Arms 2x2 Shotgun Loading Chest Rig

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This system is super fast! I tried a prototype and my first load out of the box was under 8 seconds for 8 rounds. By attempt #4 or so I was under 7 seconds for 8 rounds. It is definitely the fastest way for new shooter to load fast. Heck it maybe the fastest for me to load really fast with a little more practice. I'm looking forward to really practicing with a full production setup.

Here are a few of my first ever practice runs using the vest.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
so is there a tube or something holding the shells together?
Can you get a close up of the shells on the vest? Trying to see if this setup would put you in open div.

jtischauser

No its just clips on the top and bottom of each shell on the chest rig. You grab them and take them out of the clips and hold them back to back in your hand. The Europeans use this technique a lot in their IPSC shotgun matches. Its pretty salty. The guy taht won the first ever Pan American Shotgun Championship Manual division loads this way on his Benelli Nova.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
wow i am very interested.. thanks for posting this... where can you buy?? how much?? do you like it better than the regular caddies?? i would imagine for a noob like me that would be an easier technique to learn...how many can you carry at once? why is the sky blue?

jtischauser

The prototype I had used smaller cheesier clips than the production model is supposed to have. I had shells pop off the vest just by bumping them with my buttstock. Hopefully the new clips with hold the shells more secure. No matter what kind if clips are used I'm not sure it will be the best option for going probe either. It look like another good tool to have in the bag especially for big all shotgun stages.

They are supposed to be shipping them sometime this month. If you sign up on their website they are supposed to be emailing everyone when they are ready.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
How about mid-late summer, will wearing this thing get to be too hot?

aldrin44

Well-Known Fanatic
This thing looks interesting...a little pricey...but interesting. For those of you that went, did you see many at the Midwest 3gun?

jtischauser

West Chandler was in our squad and he ran one on the big shotgun stage in the rain. He was 2nd or 3rd in TO with it. It's definately a legit option especially if you haven't spent 4-6 weeks of your life weakhand practicing.

Latest posts