New Build

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I am currently working on a new AR build. Let me know what you think. Planning on putting a lot of rounds through this gun. Would like to take a carbine class and maybe try a 3 gun match with it.

Here is what I have so far.
Aero upper/lower
Geisselle SSA-E
Geisselle MK16 13.5" Mlok rail
geissele gas block
Aero lower parts Kit with Magpul MOE grip
milspec buffer tube, carbine spring, H buffer
Magpul STR stock
Magpul MBUIS PRO
AAC flash hider QD mount

Here is what I'm still trying to decide on.
Going with a 14.5" mid length gas barrel. Will pin and weld the flash hider so I don't have to do a Form1.

BCM or Sons of Liberty Gun Works barrel
BCM or Sons of Liberty Bolt carrier group
BCM gunfighter medium latch charging handle
EOTech EXPS 3.2 or Aimpoint Micro T2

dennishoddy

I have one more of the BoomerShooter lowers that we had custom rolled with the forum name. Bought three.
Still haven't figured out what caliber I want to build for the upper.
I like small caliber and high velocity.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
That looks like you got the basics ready to go.

If you have the lower picked out. great if not...I'm sure there are deals to be had here.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I have one more of the BoomerShooter lowers that we had custom rolled with the forum name. Bought three.
Still haven't figured out what caliber I want to build for the upper.
I like small caliber and high velocity.
Have you thought about 224 valkyrie or 22 nosler?

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
That looks like you got the basics ready to go.

If you have the lower picked out. great if not...I'm sure there are deals to be had here.
I have an Aero lower on order from a local shop just waiting for them to come in. Once it comes in I have everything to get it assembled just lack a few more upper parts.

dennishoddy

Have you thought about 224 valkyrie or 22 nosler?
I have two .243 WSSM uppers on the other two BS lowers. Been thinking about the Valkyrie. 22 Nosler is out. Unless it's changed, everything is proprietary to Nosler and component for reloading aren't cheap.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I hadn't really looked into them that much just knew that Valkyrie was developed to compete with 22 Nosler. The Valkyrie sounds like it would be a nice varmint round. I have a 6.8 SPC and a 22-250 so I doubt I will ever jump on building a Valkyrie upper.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but hopefully I'll be able to go sight it in this weekend. I had to work this past weekend so I only had time to get the upper assembled.

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
That is a very SERIOUS lookin' rifle, good job! Would like to read as to which caliber you decided upon and how it performs. Always cool to read about projects like yours and then seeing what it will do.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
It is a 14.5 inch BCM Barrel in 5.56 with a pin and weld AAC flash hider suppressor mount. I have gotten it out to sight it in and it did pretty good. I need to find some time to get some more rounds through it, but my wife and I had a baby in December so I haven't had much time for shooting here lately.

dennishoddy

It is a 14.5 inch BCM Barrel in 5.56 with a pin and weld AAC flash hider suppressor mount. I have gotten it out to sight it in and it did pretty good. I need to find some time to get some more rounds through it, but my wife and I had a baby in December so I haven't had much time for shooting here lately.!
Congrats on the addition to the family! Boy or Girl?
Buddy has three kids. He bought each a lifetime Oklahoma fishing and hunting license and a Browning lever action .22 rifle for their birth. 2 sons and one daughter.
When they hit 12 they got the the guns, and when 14 got the license. They take advantage of them.

Latest posts