New .22LR!

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Savage Mark II FV-SR
Bushnell Banner 4-12x40mm scope
Caldwell Bipod

Ordered an unfinished Boyds Tacticool stock for it, only to find its now back-ordered til October on MidwayUSA.

Also, got an Innovative Arms Apex-S suppressor for it. Have to wait a bit longer for that one :cool:

Edit: scope is a 4-12, not a 3-9.

BottleCapBandit

Active Fanatic
Congrats on the Rifle. Cant wait to see some pics.
How is that scope? Ive been looking for a new one
to put on my new 10/22 but I'm leaning towards
the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40mm.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
The Bushnell is a $100 scope. It is what it is. I like it, has parallax adjustment on the front ring.
I got one and put it on my VEPR, it hasn't broken it yet. but that gun can abuse some scopes :shock:

I have a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x30 on my air rifle and it is an excellent scope for the money.

Pictures will be up once photobucket finishes "maintenance" on my account (gone on for 5 hours now)

Edit:
Expanding on the scope topic: The Bushnell is putting up with the abuse of a 7.62x54R while being mounted on a side-mount (AK style) rail. Obviously the Nikon Rimfire isn't designed to do this, the optics on it are superb. There's nothing wrong with the optics on the Bushnell, but I think the Nikon's are a bit better :)
Hmms, did I say the Bushnell was a 3-9x40 scope? Its not, its actually a 4-12x40mm scope.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
My dad got that exact rifle about 3 weeks ago to run his .22 suppressor on, in addition to his P22. 16" barrel is a great length. Savage is building some solid little rifles with features people want: shorter threaded barrel, scope rails, adjustable trigger, etc. It's worth the money.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, they're great rifles. Free floated fluted barrel, good scope base, accutrigger. They're tack drivers.
Having the threaded barrel for the suppressor is a perfect bonus
:D

Regulis7

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a basic model Savage Mk II with standard barrel and plastic stock, when using Rem or RWS sub sonics it will cloverleaf 5 at 50 yards. This is the reason I kept this gun instead of using it as a deal sweetner in some trade... lol.

The heavy barrel Savage Mk II are amazing in terms of accuracy.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Regulis7 said:
I have a basic model Savage Mk II with standard barrel and plastic stock, when using Rem or RWS sub sonics it will cloverleaf 5 at 50 yards.
Yup I love mine, nuttin' fancy just plain fun.

Can't wait to see your latest toy Paco.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
DSC_9174c.jpg

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
Love it! Looks really similar to a 10/22 that I just finished tinkering with. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it once you've had it at the range some. How's that trigger?

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
Wish I could get down there. My family lives there. I've got some family up in Anderson, too. If I'm ever up in the G'ville area, I'll let you know. Enjoy that Accu Trigger!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Paco....If you want to check out the new indoor range, maybe we can meet up and I will take yo in on my membership card...

I got a couple of toys you can shoot...Of course...no full up stuff...

Full day tomorrow (Sat.) but pretty open rest of the week. I work 10:00 am till 2:00 pm daily. We could go the furst of the week if you want...

I could drag out a couple of Kimbers for you to limber up...

Let me know.

Steve
843-209-2490

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
fordnut said:
Hey Paco....If you want to check out the new indoor range, maybe we can meet up and I will take yo in on my membership card...

I got a couple of toys you can shoot...Of course...no full up stuff...

Full day tomorrow (Sat.) but pretty open rest of the week. I work 10:00 am till 2:00 pm daily. We could go the furst of the week if you want...

I could drag out a couple of Kimbers for you to limber up...

Let me know.

Steve
843-209-2490
Sorry for the delay, we've been out on the beach a lot.
Monday afternoon works great for me if it works for you.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Just Got back from the range...I love that place...

I could go Monday....I work till 2:00. Home by 2:30...free after that...

What you want to shoot???

1) Kimbers-3" 4"-5"
2) Ar-15 with Timey Trigger set at 2.8# pull.
3) S&W M&P 9mm
4) S&W 29-3 44mag. with 5" barrel-(we shoot 44 specials in it) Lots of fun
5) Kahr P9 9mm pocket rocket
6) Keltec PF9 9mm- another pocket rocket...
7) asst. of .22's-rifle or pistol...

Let me know what to bring.

Steve

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Paco said:
Savage Mark II FV-SR
Bushnell Banner 4-12x40mm scope
Caldwell Bipod

Ordered an unfinished Boyds Tacticool stock for it, only to find its now back-ordered til October on MidwayUSA.

Also, got an Innovative Arms Apex-S suppressor for it. Have to wait a bit longer for that one :cool:

Edit: scope is a 4-12, not a 3-9.

I'm glad you put the bit in there about the suppressor. My dad has this exact rifle and an Innovative Arms Apex can for it. I did a test for him about different types of ammo and the drop experienced. I shot regular copper plated .22 hp's, CCI subsonic hollow points (1050fps) and CCI Quiets (710fps).

The scope was zeroed on the rifle without the can. Once the can was on, the copper plated regular velocity round was barel hearing safe and struck about 2" high at 50 yards. The CCI subsonics were pellet rifle quiet and performed the best: they were dead on the zero at 50 yards, and the CCI Quiets had a full 6" drop at 50 yards. The CCI Quiets produced ZERO noise with the suppressor. All I could hear was the hammer dropping. It was unbelievable. I would start buying the CCI subsonics (1050fps) by the boxload if you can find it. They worked extremely well.

My dad took a video when I was shooting...I'll see if I can get it from him.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
fordnut said:
Just Got back from the range...I love that place...

I could go Monday....I work till 2:00. Home by 2:30...free after that...

What you want to shoot???

1) Kimbers-3" 4"-5"
2) Ar-15 with Timey Trigger set at 2.8# pull.
3) S&W M&P 9mm
4) S&W 29-3 44mag. with 5" barrel-(we shoot 44 specials in it) Lots of fun
5) Kahr P9 9mm pocket rocket
6) Keltec PF9 9mm- another pocket rocket...
7) asst. of .22's-rifle or pistol...

Let me know what to bring.

Steve
How does meeting up there at 3:15-3:30 work for you?

I believe I have a box of 250 45's (or two) in my trunk so bring the 4" Kimber, looking at one of those for my CCW instead of my 5" PT1911
Never shot an AR with a Timey trigger :D
That S&W 29-3 sounds like a lot of fun
I have 1600 CCI Minimags and 500 CCI Quiet-22s in my trunk so bring any .22's you want :D (I have my savage bolt action)

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Paco: Time sounds good to me...How about give me a call about 2:30...

I got a new GSG 1911 .22. It is pretty cool. I can bring it and an old Ruger MKII that has been in my family for years...
Will bring my 4" Kimber, and the 3"...It might suprise you.
The old Smith will come also...and, the AR...you will love that trigger...It makes Clicker cry...

I also have pleanty of targets to bring along...

See you tomorrow.

Steve

Latest posts