New 1911 on it's way

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
After reading about a new (?) all SS Commander sized 1911, chambered in 9mm, decided I needed one.
Had read about the BUL line of 1911's after seeing a thread about one on a local gun forum ( MGO . org ) .
BUL 1911's are made in Israel, for those who may not know this...I hadn't heard of the brand before finding the thread on MGO
A MGO forum member bought a pistol, identical to the one I ordered a few days ago. Comes with some great features for the price point.
Has a bull barrel, & checkered front strap. The range report the purchaser posted was very favorable.
I expect this brand is going to grow in popularity quickly, by online reports of it's quality that I found on the Bul line of 1911's.
https://grabagun.com/bul-armory-1911-commander-stainless-9mm-4-25-barrel-10-rounds.html
Biggest problem may be for those wanting to buy one is..finding one in stock.
Bought mine from GrabAGun.com.. I discovered after placing my order, that I must have purchased the last one they had in stock.
Got a notice saying it was shipped today, should be @ FFL, on Sat or Mon.
Will post my impression after I've put some rounds thru it.

Anyone here have a BUL 1911 ?

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Looks pretty nice for the $. Never heard of them, looking forward to your range report.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Put me in the "never heard of the brand" but agree a lot of features for the cost. Wonder if its IWI made? Israel knows how to make weapons. It is , indeed, sold out at grabagun

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I have 2 Commander sized 9mm 1911's..
I bought a Metro Arms American Classic 1st... nice pistol but wanted a SS model.
Found my Dan Wesson Guardian and after purchasing it, discovered (probably already knew this) I don't like
aluminum framed pistols, esp. 1911's. DW is a beautiful pistol & slide is "painted" SS, but I just don't shoot it
as well as my 45 cal. Commanders.

The guy who purchased & posted about the Bul Commander posted some pics of its workmanship..
no tool or machining marks on the frame or slide..looks to be very well made, from his pics.
I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas with this purchase.
First new 1911 that I've bought in ? years.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, happy to report that my new Bul Commander arrived, picked it up a few days ago. Been raining here, & club's indoor range is closed for backstop rebuilding..so I'm waiting for a dry & hopefully warmer day to arrive. Disassembling & examining the pistol..it's very nicely made, & fitted, Smooth slide, tight barrel lock up, pretty nice trigger too. Appears quality exceeds the price point of this 1911. Accuracy report to follow.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got 2, think I'm repeating myself but very happy you got one, I've been very pleased with mine, again repeating but Desert Eagle 1911's are made by Bul, a YouTuber called The Humble Marksman shoots their really tricked out one in open division USPSA, think it's a double stack, good many videos about them now, TFBTV, Gun Collective to name a few, the Chinese flu I'm sure has slowed down efforts to get them to the US

13Ghosts

Fanatic
I haven't a complete BUL 1911 but recently acquired a black commander 40s&w slide for a 10mm build and was impressed with the quality. I was familiar with the name as they made the Kimber plastic frame pistols. (was not impressed with the "fit" of those however). I will say though that the "Kimber" style sights do limit your sight selection (if you wanted adjustable).

Trooper343

Fanatic
After reading about a new (?) all SS Commander sized 1911, chambered in 9mm, decided I needed one.
Had read about the BUL line of 1911's after seeing a thread about one on a local gun forum ( MGO . org ) .
BUL 1911's are made in Israel, for those who may not know this...I hadn't heard of the brand before finding the thread on MGO
A MGO forum member bought a pistol, identical to the one I ordered a few days ago. Comes with some great features for the price point.
Has a bull barrel, & checkered front strap. The range report the purchaser posted was very favorable.
I expect this brand is going to grow in popularity quickly, by online reports of it's quality that I found on the Bul line of 1911's.
https://grabagun.com/bul-armory-1911-commander-stainless-9mm-4-25-barrel-10-rounds.html
Bought mine from GrabAGun.com.. I discovered after placing my order, that I must have purchased the last one they had in stock.

My grandson gave me this for my 75 birthday this past August. No "plastic" on this gun. Shoots great. Bul knife was extra

Attachments

• 0AA18FC8-AE55-4E68-80E4-354787D56252.jpeg
    0AA18FC8-AE55-4E68-80E4-354787D56252.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: nod

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Those knives a nice extra, and sharp! My Desert Eagle came with one, plus extra pair of grips

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
well be careful, need to be in one piece to have good day at the range

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
After reading about a new (?) all SS Commander sized 1911, chambered in's. He uis9mm, decided I needed one.

Their double stack looks very interesting. I watched a you tube that the guy "hates" 1911's, he's a glock boy. He couldn't find any reason to bash it except for the mag release was too close for him. Anyway they looked like solid guns.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
That sounds like James from TFBTV, might not be but he did review on a Bul and yeah he had no reason to bash and he does love Glocks

DE1911

Fanatic
Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911 is made by Bul, I have 3 and they are all outstanding shooters. 5" in .45 cal. 4" in 9mm and 3" in .45

Firestorm3511

Fanatic

I purchase the same SS Commander in 9mm last month from Grab a Gun. It arrived in less than one week @ my FFL. The fit and finish is one of the best I have in my collection. The accuracy is off the wall and very smooth shooting. I may purchase another one in .45 ACP. You can never have enough 1911's.