Neighbor's Nightmare

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Update my friend got a person today on phone for real, was told they will get to it soon he thought, asked when will he get it back? Maybe this year!!

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We found Ronnie another firearm from a neighbor's estate that recently passed but he made no effort to buy it, the widow wanted it to go to someone she knew and a very good deal all the way, a 4" S&W 66 like new for $400 cash his excuse was I have less than a box of ammo and nobody will sell me any (me) and no stores have it, we told him good luck on all and left, his bitter feelings are understandable but getting worse, we could find him ammo it he really wanted it though, that is the easy part we told him but will not mess with it unless he gets it.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
.." a 4" S&W 66 like new for $400 cash.."
If he passed on that deal, he 1) knows absolutely nothing about gun prices,
or 2) he's a moron ..I 'd have no use for it, but @ that price I'd buy it as fast as a fat kid grabbing a free ice cream cone

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Correct he is not a gun person his initial purchase after being advised not to showed that, with all the trouble he has it just makes all worse. He is just not much of an outside type person. We advised him what was to probably take place and happen and it did so from his issues to ammo shortages all being 100% correct. He would not listen not act on it and is very upset he did not. Admitting all his fault totally.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
He's not alone, ignoring advice from those who know better. Don't know too many that shoot, (outside of my club members)
but have a few friends that own pistols (some fairly new gun purchasers) that I forwarded some good ammo sales / info to, before the shortage started.
I encouraged them saying, "you don't find ammo priced this low very often" .. suggesting the stock up.
My advice was ignored. After prices started escalating, same person(s) contact me, wanting to know where to find cheap ammo.
I forwarded a link to ammoseek.com , just to let them get an idea of current prices. That is, If they can find any for sale.
I've also had to tell people that know I hand load, "No I can't sell you my reloads", citing the legal & safety issues involved.
They really didn't want to hear that.. I'd think they'd learn from the experience, but not holding my breath on that.

Old Bill

Active Fanatic
I have been shooting for almost 50 years now. I've bought and sold many handguns in that time. Yes the ones I sold I'm sorry I did. I like almost any type of handgun, in all that time I have never even held a Taurus let all buy one. I was told to stay away from them , so I did. My favorites are the Colt 1911's series 70 of course and the
Smith & Wesson revolvers the older ones,
And it took me many years to come around to the polymer guns but I have and do favor the Glocks. Let's not for forget the Single actions also. Just recently I walking in to buy some mags for a Ruger 10/22 for my granddaughter and the guy saw me and went in the back and came out with a
S&W Model 19-3 Pinned and recessed snub nose 2 1/2 in. In near mint condition, said he just got it in. It came with the original box and paperwork.I didn't hesitate for a second. Yes I know the 4" is probably a better shooter but the snub has to cool factor. My granddaughter also loves it knowing it will be her's one day.

Latest posts