Need new ft. sights for my DW's

brooksharris

Fanatic
What dovetail does DW use for their front sights...Colt, Springfield, etc.? Also what does the "Match" designation mean on the barrel hoods?
Brooks

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm no DW expert, but I would give CZ a shout or maybe DW customer service? I believe they've used a few differing sight curs over the years,
DW barrels, regardless of match designation, are all "semi-fit" drop in affairs and may or may not ride on the link rather than the slidestop axle or pin

SamC

New Fanatic
What dovetail does DW use for their front sights...Colt, Springfield, etc.? Also what does the "Match" designation mean on the barrel hoods?
Brooks
I'm not 100% sure but I think DW uses Springfield sight dovetail. Also John Harrison of Harrison Design makes sights that fit DW.

LoneOak

Fanatic
Check with the folks at Dawson Precision. They will sell you a sight that you can install or send them the slide and they change the sight. They also know what fits which gun, I bought their fiber optic front for my CCO.

squarebale19

Well-Known Fanatic
Kensight was very helpful and Dawson precision too, DW should do better with help on this issue I have replaced two sights,fronts are easier to find,I still had our gunsmith install. You can find the size of cuts online and go from there

Latest posts