Nearly 100 mill dogs and cats in USA.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
EDITBUTTAN.png

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
Where do you get the numbers for this? Is there a dog census I don't know about?

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
Years ago, right before Y2K, I had some friends (non-gunners) over and one started flipping through a gun magazine on my coffee table. The issue was dedicated to NROL Y2K worst case scenarios. One article promoted coming up with a family code word for "drop for a headshot" in possible hostage situations. Another article debated what gun would be ideal for dealing with packs of feral dogs, because , and I quote: "Dogs take a lot of killing". The highlight of their reading was the Galco ad that had the Statue of Liberty wearing a shoulder holster.

It has been 12 years and these two buddies still rake me over the coals about all that.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
swiss said:
Google is your friend. Can't you just look around your neighborhood, see that there's at LEAST 1 dog or cat for every 3 people? Sheesh.

I like evidence, not conjecture.

For example, some people may have more then one dog; they may four. Some folks may live in a non-pet friendly area.

Sheesh.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
if the shtf dogs could be a problem. if food is scarce how do you feed them? if you cant feed them, options are few.

releasing them will cause packs that could run into rabies or just attack people and wildlife that we could eat.(not all people lolol)

sadly putting them down would keep someone else from eating them.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
New member here. I see quotes from "Swiss" but no postings. Resident troll with posts deleted?

Anyway, I know guys in Iraq had "hush puppies", supressed 10/22s for dealing (quietly) with small 4-footed pest control. They are used domestically at airports for similar duties. Always thought it was a good idea and wouldn't mind a can for a 10/22 or Mark III for just such a duty. Of course, my first stamp is going to be for the SPS 308.

I can think of lots of good reasons to have a handy, preferably supressed 22LR in a SHTF situation ...

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
FunkyMonkey said:
New member here. I see quotes from "Swiss" but no postings. Resident troll with posts deleted?

Bingo. There are a few threads like that; apparently the banning deleted his posts, but not threads others have commented in. If something doesn't make sense, and you see replies that don't seem to "flow", it's a pretty good guess that a bridge loving creature passed by...

Latest posts