My new open gun!

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Ya'll don't be jealous - Wormy I know you want to shoot it!!!

pre_1349895215__wm_4337091.jpeg

http://www.gunsamerica.com/982253704/Guns/Pistols/Desert-Eagle-IMI-Pistols/Desert-Eagle/Magnum_Research_Desert_Eagle_Hand_cannon_44_Magnum_polished_mirror_finish_chrome_with_re.htm#

dennishoddy

I'm not sure if its the exact one I had, as I'm too lazy and don't want to research it. (the ad doesn't say.)
Mine was a rimless case. Brass had to be fireformed from 30-06, or .308 brass, sized, cut, trimmed etc. Major PITA to get a couple hundred rounds loaded, but when you went to the range, all eyes were on you with major fire balls coming out of the muzzle.
Later models used the standard rimmed .44 mag brass.

I sold it for $1500 back in the early 90's. It was a good chunk of change in that day. One of the only two guns I've ever sold.

dennishoddy

It was a Rem 1100 that I bought from a guy I worked with that was getting divorced, and needed $50 right then. (80's) It was horrible looking as it had been left in a gun sock for a long time as the metal was pitted, rust everywhere, but the action cycled, and the wood was kinda OK.

Shot a box through it, and another guy at work needed a shotgun, so I sold it to him. A month later, he needed to sell it for cash.

That 1100 traded hands 4 times in two years, and I made a little each time. The last owner hit me up about three years ago, and dammed if he still has it and uses it as his dove gun.
Still runs like a champ, and still ugly as hell....... Gotta love it. :D

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
I hope that gun shoots AWESOME cause it is the most hideous gun i have EVER seen in my entire life

Latest posts