My name is Burk and I own a Fobus paddle holster

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I think all the hubbub about these holsters is "Fake News"

Some 10 years ago, a guy made a video of him ripping a Fobus holster off of his buddy's belt and now all the holster snobs use it as their anthem.

Can anyone give me a reason why they suck and not use that video in their argument?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a fobus, but not a paddle one. If you don't have retention, anyone could grab it whether paddle or not. Paddle might be easier though.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
You'd rip my pants off me before you'd get this holster off my belt.

Retention of the gun in the holster is another issue. It's the same as any open top Kydex holsters, friction

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
When we talk about carry holsters we always talk about the butt of the gun being pulled into your side. This holster does that, and then some. Maybe to the extreme.

You can't have a belt that is too thick or the muzzle will angle out even more. A nylon belt is perfect

The retention is STRONG. You have to own the draw. Like Marshall taught us. If you draw like a *****, the gun won't come out.

A swipe of a silicone rag on the inside of the holster might help

5fb5ec87f24ad430ffb3f420f5614161.jpg
1b8799a49320bd7139fdfe5b7290c1f8.jpg

I think I will stage my own video at the next match. I will see if Feegee can rip this off my belt. If he does, so be it. If he can't then I'm the next viral video. Either way, Feegee is famous

Posted via my Samsung S8 using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Shane P said:
Fine, I’ll give you $25 and a can of caffeine free Diet Coke for it.
Let's do this, come take me to lunch and I will let you touch it

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
Let's do this, come take me to lunch and I will let you touch it

Burk uses this same line to get free lunches from his co-worker Mark

oljames3

Fanatic
I bought my first pistol (DA/SA 9mm) from my wife's aunt, who was recently widowed. It came with a Fobus paddle holster. Covered the trigger guard, held the pistol securely, and allowed easy access. Concealed easily under a t-shirt. 1/1/16 in Texas, decided I wanted a full size pistol. Now I carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch in a Safariland 7TS ALS openly at 3.

Latest posts