My first shooting instruction

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Well, I had the pleasure of receiving some formal instruction in regards to pistol shooting today. It wasn't a formal course, but I got to spend a few hours, one on one, with Robert Carlile at his new training facility, Alpha Training Academy. A few things stood out. First off, getting formal training is great. It is so much different than trying to figure stuff out and train on your own. Second, Robert is a great guy and an excellent teacher. Very easy going, gave instruction in easy to understand terms and was able to teach to my level. Finally, he's got a great facility. Anyone who is in the Pryor area or further East and who doesn't have the time to drive to USSA should give him a call. I don't have any experience to compare this session to, but I can't imagine you'd get any better from anywhere else. I can't wait until the next time!!!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
I am very happy to hear this!!! I have shot with Robert now for over two years and I always try to squad with him at the local pistol matches. He is a VERY good pistol shooter and fun to be around. I am glad that the guy I know is also a great instructor!....but it stands to reason cause he is a great guy! Congratulations on your training and to Robert for doing it! KurtM

samson86

Active Fanatic
i have been looking for somewhere to take formal shooting classes, but everywhere is crazy expensive... guess ill just have to give in and pay the price

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I have two cheap ones scheduled at Heartland Outdoors. Either one or both will help get you on a solid foundation.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Samson, what do you consider expensive? I don't think 400 for a quality class at tdsa is cheap. Thunder ranch, gunsite are ask going to be in the thousands before travel and lodging......

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
For $80 bucks (and there is a retread program with reduced fee)Will Andrews puts on 5 levels of training down at H&H in OKC... It's a good start and he will improve your shooting skills

Oklahoma Shooting Skills...0 BS, nothing you don't need to know... lot's of attention.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have two cheap ones scheduled at Heartland Outdoors. Either one or both will help get you on a solid foundation.

For $80 bucks (and there is a retread program with reduced fee)Will Andrews puts on 5 levels of training down at H&H in OKC... It's a good start and he will improve your shooting skills

Oklahoma Shooting Skills...0 BS, nothing you don't need to know... lot's of attention.

These are both good entry level classes. Start there and get the fundamentals then start taking the more expensive 2 day classes to build on your previous skill set.

Training is always cheaper than a funeral! For a little more than $20 an hour you can receive some of the finest training available right here in the Tulsa area. Perhaps you've heard of us? The Defensive Shooting Academy? We've been around for 10 years now and we've served literally thousands of people. Look at the testimonials from our students. Is your life worth paying $20-$25 an hour for 2 days? It's just 2 days out of your life. Come on, your life is worth it isn't it? Ask anybody on this forum about us, we're worth it. People that come to one of our classes swear they won't go anywhere else after training with us. No fluff, no memberships, no degrading egotistical instructors, just down to earth great training that will be absolutely worth it. If it's not then, guess what, you got to take a $400 for free. How's that for a guarantee? Register for the Advanced Combat Pistol Level I sometime this year and I bet u $400 you'll be glad you did!!!!

Latest posts