My 500 Persuader

Treedodger

Well-Known Fanatic
I wanted to put together a tactical shotgun for not too many bucks so I was pretty budget conscious. I think it came in around $550. Started with Mossberg 500 Persuader and added:

John Masen Heat Shield
Weaver Base Mount
AIM Red Dot Sight
Mako Barrel Clamp
Butler Creek Mountain Sling
Nebo LED Flashlight/Laser Combo
KickLite Stock (didn't use forend, but did use the shell carrier)
Overall length as the stock is adjusted 37"

I haven't got a chance to shoot it. Maybe next week. Really curious how the recoil reducing stock will perform.
Not sure why the photos came out so small, but they are links you can click on to view full size image.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice!

When you wreck that red dot I have plenty of broken ones you can use as parts donors to repair it.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
So far my MAC10 in 45acp and M16 in 22LR have trashed these optics. So I'd say any decent volume of 12 gauge shooting should shake one loose!

I also had a cheap Aimpoint style RD on my MP5/10mm which lasted less than 100 rds.

Treedodger

Well-Known Fanatic
The holes were actually pre-drilled. All I had to do was remove the screws that came installed and replace with the longer ones that came with weaver mount.

Sorry to hear about the red dot though, because it is a slick little sight. I did loctite everything together, but if it shakes itself apart the loctite on mounting screws wouldn't help much. Any recommendations on one that could take the abuse of a 12 gauge without spending $400 would be appreciated.

Latest posts