Muzzle Brake Reviews by Pat Kelley

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I saw some stupid **** article on another internet medium that rhymes with Spacebook about compensators and was reminded of this pair of excellent written articles by 3-gunner Pat Kelley on AR muzzle brakes.

Both reviews are very scientific and well written. Give them both a read, even if you aren't in the market for a new compensator

A Question of Compensation

What are You Compensating For?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
And he included the SJC Titan comp, which all the other tests I have seen have left out for some odd reason. It's one of the best, why leave it out?

dennishoddy

Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
And he included the SJC Titan comp, which all the other tests I have seen have left out for some odd reason. It's one of the best, why leave it out?
The manufacturer didn't pay enough money to get it included into the impartial tests.

45recoil

likes to party
Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
Because it's loud and it hurts the ears of all the ladies at the range :)

mscott327

Active Fanatic
I love my SJC Titan Especially when I go to an indoor range to test something. Damn, that's loud! my reply "that's why I double plug".

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I never realized just how loud the Titan is until I ROed someone else who had one. And he was shooting over water which amplified things even more.

I think the worst to RO is the PWS556. It's not super loud but has some serious concussion to it. You can feel it in your temples every time they shoot.

Latest posts