more help on my 3 gun rifle

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
so far I have:
jp trigger
jp lower (may change for matching loki upper\lower)
magpul ctr stock
ergo grip
jp lmos bcg
jp gas block
rolling thunder comp (havent ordered yet cause they are out till next week)
either a viking tact or troy handguard

Now the barrel is what I need most help on.
Im looking at either a jp 18" med contour rifle length gas or I spoke with white oak and they said they could get me a 18" spr 1-8 twist, (but light contour) for $265. I dont mind the extra for the jp if its a better barrel. I dont understand much about the m4 ramps and stuff. I do want to be able to shoot federal value back 55 gr on which ever I get. Do you think the jp barrel would match best if I ended up with a up upper (jp15 upper; not ctr-02)

What do you guys think so far and what are your thoughts about my barrel dilemma?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Wow. Lots of high quality stuff there. REAL high quality.

The only things I have experience with is the CTR stock and Troy TRX extreme handguard. I like them both! The TRX Extreme is light and super strong. It is actually lighter than the VTAC by a couple ounces. Its not near as light as the PRI but doesn't cost as much either.

Sounds like a solid build for sure.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I recommend a long (14-16") handguard. Check out the PRI carbon tubes, carbonarms carbon tubes or LOKI is using 14.5" tubes made by Nordic. All good stuff! A 15" gets heavy especially with that .930" diameter at the tip JP medium contour barrel. I'm anxious to see JP's 18" light contour barrel. It's like the medium at .650ish under that handguard but .750" after the gas block. My new LOKI 3 gun rifle uses a custom Satern barrel that a medium contour (.750") the whole length and it feels good. Not to muzzle heavy.

JP barrels are dead nuts accurate. You don't need bench rest accuracy for 3 gun but with the $ you have in your gun I would go for the best barrel you can find. PM me and I'll give you my cell number if you want to talk more in this.

Chambers

actual GM
I am holding out for the 15" carbon fiber Lancer.

I can't justify paying another $250 for the PRI over the DPMS 12"...but damn, they ARE nice.

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm anxious to see JP's 18" light contour barrel.

. PM me and I'll give you my cell number if you want to talk more in this.
wonder why jp doesnt show it yet? ..i saw it here though http://www.rifle-broker.com/Barrels_223_556-JP18_Inch_Light_Countour_Barrel_1_8_twist.html

and I have your number...I may hit you up sometime soon about the barrel. Im the one that asked the dump question if there are any pros or cons in the polished or non polished lmos stuff. Thanks again by the way.

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
nevermind I guess it is on their website...i was thinking the 18" on jp site was medium contour

..and I should have said...i was hoping to not spend more than the $400 for the jp...I know jp is good..but i was wanting to see if I can get close to jp for a lower price or better than jp for the same as the jp barrel

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The light contour 18" is something new. It is on their rifle build sheet but its not available yet.

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
thanks chambers..Im getting narrowed down:)..just emailed satern to see what they can do and how much for the specs im looking for...(18", light, rifle gas)

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Criterion is the button rifled side of Krieger barrels. I ordered a Criterion barrel for the 7mmRM that I'm currently building. Don't know about AR barrels but I've heard a lot of good things about their bolt gun barrels.

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
do you guys know what the difference in the troy trx extreme battlerail vs a troy viking tac extreme battle rail? They look almost the same?

Latest posts