MD Hunter seeking info and locations for wild boar

Hunter1818

New Fanatic
Hi folks,

I am a Maryland shooter, I am seeking information on doing some hog hunting in SC.
I scoured some of the hunting cabin locations, but I cant afford a guide, the prices are too crazy high , so I was wondering if any of you'all here have farm land or private lands or know if any, where hug hunting is welcomed.

I know your state lands have regulations and season limitations.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Most outfitters you find are for high fence farms hunting russian boar (big money guys). Wild pigs are only available for hunting during game seasons and that is out of season until the fall as far as i can tell (on wma). You can get private land hunting year around as the hogs and nuisance same i believe with coyotes. Not a 100% sure but largest concentration of pigs are on the coast. Best bet would be to go on craigslist or to google the hunt clubs and see if they will allow you on their land. Best of luck.

beerman

Well-Known Fanatic
There are a couple WMA areas that allow hunting outside of other seasons, but they have specific dates. I don't have my own property, otherwise I'd offer to take you. I know we have a lot of hogs in Florence and Dillon counties, and most landowners are pretty happy to have someone come and kill a few.

Check this out for more info.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/huntingregsNew.html

Latest posts