Man shot, robbed at Wagoner shooting range

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
http://newsok.com/man-shot-robbed-at-wagoner-shooting-range/article/3626274

Guys and gals I guess one thinks the range is a good place to lift firearms. Other than always be prepared - be prepared always.

Jerry

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Overnight-Shots-Fired-In-Wagoner/9epblVvaRk2_wp4dHpYXzw.cspx

Wonder if that AK was one of the stolen guns from above?

Jerry

dennishoddy

I saw the news report on it. The range looked more like a trash dump than a range, and had the sign all shot up.

I read the guy that was shot is going to recover. He is a lucky man. I hope they catch these guys.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Even at OKCGC I still have a gun on me at all times. This is one of my greatest fears when I'm out at any range.

Yeah I don't trust some of the yahoos I've seen at Red Castle. I carry everywhere it's legal so I'm carrying even at the gun club by default.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Isn't this how the 'Hollywood Shootout' robbers got their guns? It seems like I remember hearing they went to several different ranges and would rob people's guns and ammo.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Isn't this how the 'Hollywood Shootout' robbers got their guns? It seems like I remember hearing they went to several different ranges and would rob people's guns and ammo.
That would be the Miami shootout killers. They murdered one guy for his guns and his car and tried to murder another at some rock pit that everyone went to shoot at. Problem was the last one didn't die. I believe that both of the cars were used in later robberies.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
O ok. I really thought it was the Hollywood shootout guys. But in any case, it shows that there are bad people wherever you go so be ready.

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
It was Platt and Madix, here is some info on them, really bad guys.

Ive had two times at the OKCGC that could have gone very bad ( stollen wrecked car and 4 illegal's was one of them) and ran into some guys that could have been like the Miami guys one time... still creeps me out.

You do not get to chose the time nor place.

http://en.wikipedia...._Miami_shootout

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
O ok. I really thought it was the Hollywood shootout guys. But in any case, it shows that there are bad people wherever you go so be ready.

The Miami shoot out is also known as the North Hollywood (Florida) shoot out. You were correct Jeremy.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Yay! I guess I need to work on my geography because I always wondered how there were AK's at a range in Cali. Lol

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow. I did not know that. And I read about everything I could get my hands on in the '80s about the Miami Massacre. Learn something every day I guess.

But Wormy those AKs out on the left coast were illegally converted to full auto. So I doubt the law out there would have helped anyway as much as they'd like to think so.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Just read some more and I was wrong. I thought it was the two Cali bank robbers. But it still shows there are crazy people everywhere and you never know when you might be robbed or be in the middle of gun battle.

I wonder exactly how those guns were illegally modified.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
If mem serves this was the time Home Invasions picked up last year. So ... be prepared - be prepared always.

landshark069

Active Fanatic
So what was the shootout called where 2 armored guys robbed a bank and one of them ended up walking down the street before shooting himself in the head ? I thought that was the 'Hollywood CA shootout".