Making Pulled Pork this weekend

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Really love making meals for a whole week. I have 2 picnic pork shoulders I've just given the rubdown to, packed sitting in the fridge. Going to smoke them low starting at 4-5am with the wood so it doesn't make the neighbors think the whole house is on fire.

IMG_0510.JPG

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Great way to infuse some flavor with the vac bags, I gotta try that! I run a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker.

Smoked some ribs for July 4th and after they were done I threw a bunch of hotdogs on the smoker since it was still hot. Well 45 minutes later I pulled the best tasting dogs evah off the SMC, my wife raved about them for a week.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Hotdogs were the star of the show instead of the ribs!

The pork turned out great. Cooked them after 4 hours on the grill to the oven. Put onions on the bottom of the pan, and put the shoulders on top. The fat rendered like crazy - but kept the shoulders nice and firm without soaking them in grease. Different way of doing it...but turned out great! fork tender...and delightful.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Really love making meals for a whole week. I have 2 picnic pork shoulders I've just given the rubdown to, packed sitting in the fridge. Going to smoke them low starting at 4-5am with the wood so it doesn't make the neighbors think the whole house is on fire.

View attachment 48

What kind of smoker are you using. I got a pellet grill last year. Best investment in a while! Every thing turns out fantastic. Plus I don't have to baby the firebox anymore

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I use a gas weber grill. Turn one burner on low, and let it cook for 4-6 hours for smoke, tightly wrap it foil, and into the oven to finish.

tomk62

Active Fanatic
I know this is an old thread but ...

I run a Pit Barrel Cooker and it turns out some awesome pulled pork butt. Anywhere to get a whole packer brisket in the low country?

mark_b

Well-Known Fanatic
A friend of mine that does competition cooking gets his whole briskets at Sams.

I think the last one he got was 25 pounds or so.