Making a CCO from Two Pistols

Exfuzz53

New Fanatic
Is it possible to mate a Colt Commander slide to a Colt Defender frame thus creating a CCO? What kind of issues might arise? Is it a simple swap of parts or will modifications to either the frame or slide to make it function? Is the Defender frame the same size as an Officers frame?

The CCO seems to be a good solution for a carry 1911. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Several years ago, ok more than that probably, I made a CCo from Colt commander and officer model. It worked fine, but the build wasn't dedicated and the CCO was returned to original commander and officer model.
My .02. Put stripped slide on stripped frame, how does that fit? Start adding pieces, I'd likely add barrel next and check for intereference , go slow. Checking often. It just might work out

Snowman45

Fanatic
I first bought a Fusion Bantam, Officers' sized .45 and decided I needed a CCO. I then bought a Fusion Commander upper and put it on the Bantam lower, thereby making it a CCO. It shot great and did everything a CCO should do. Then I decided I needed a regular Commander model, and ordered a Fusion Commander lower. I now have both the Bantam OCP and a Commander, with the ability to swap the Commander upper on the Bantam, if I so desire. There were no problem of any kind. All combinations function flawlessly and are quire accurate.

Latest posts