Magpul Art of the Dynamic ... Videos

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Have you seen them? Since I am out of commission for a few months I was thinking I might pick up the carbine, pistol and the new shotgun videos.

What is your take in their usefulness to competitive shooting and 3 gun?

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I have the shotgun video and its pretty good and worth the money I spent of it. I believe it's more geared for combat/leo applications but they incorporated some 3 gun stuff in there as well.. I am using it in conjunction with the TDSA class and the CLEET school to put together a program for my department..

byrom

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the pistol and it has helped me some. I want the other two hopefuly after christmas I will get them

Spiff

Semi-Pro
AOTTC is great for weird rifle shooting positions. I think 2 has much more detail about those than 1.

ez bake

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got handgun and carbine I and II - they're pretty good for being able to rewind and hit the basics over and over - its kind of nice because if you've taken a class and forgotten a particular bit of instruction that was said, you can't do that.

I want to say that Todd Jarrett has a few instructional videos out there that are more geared towards comp than "battle". Larry Vickers has one out (or soon to be maybe) that is supposed to be good, but Larry comes across as a douche most of the time he talks, so I don't know how much of him I can stand (respect the hell out of his talent, but I'm always in fear that he's going to drop trou and just whip it out and start talking about how awesome his penis is or something.

jtischauser

...(respect the hell out of his talent, but I'm always in fear that he's going to drop trou and just whip it out and start talking about how awesome his penis is or something.

That is some funny shituff right there!

I have Jerry Mucukeks rifle video and it's great!

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the shotgun, carbine 1, and handgun tapes. The shotgun one was the best and caused me to look at my 870 in a very different light. Not geared to games, but very useful information when processed through the context of what we shoot.

Don

jtischauser

I have the shotgun, carbine 1, and handgun tapes. The shotgun one was the best and caused me to look at my 870 in a very different light. Not geared to games, but very useful information when processed through the context of what we shoot.

Don

I have watched the first disk on the shotgun video and you are right it is not geared toward competitive shooting. The only thing I learned was how to selecta slug load my 870 better. I was not familiar with the little technique for putting the shell back in the tube with the action half backward.

I was sadly disappointed and lost some respect for Travis when they went through the weak hand speed load. He was terrible! I bet he hasn't spent 10 hours loading a shotgun with his weak hand. It was obvious to me at that point that these guys did just enough shotgun work to be able to make a video ans sell it based on their reputation.

I would dominate these guys in competitons and most likely on the battle field if we only had shotguns at our disposal.

Hopefully the last 3 videos change my mind.

Chambers

actual GM
I would dominate these guys in competitons and most likely on the battle field if we only had shotguns at our disposal.

How dare you!! :eek:

I bet you'd win with all 3 guns...shotgun, no contest.

Back on point...I watched the first bit of the handgun videos and didn't really get a lot out of them. I'll probably try a book or two since there are some out there better suited to the stuff I shoot.