M4 for 3gun?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I started with mine. The carrier (lifter) needed no modifiaction to keep from biting your thumb. While I enjoyed using it and it could hit slugs poa, I learned its limitations. The pistol grip gets in the way of load2/4 method, the combat sights are slower and the 18" barrel ended up being too short for my liking. Then, when I was going to get the port opened up on it, I was convinced by members here that the other models are better suited for the gun game and dropping the value of my M4 wasn't worth it.

I still have mine and love it, it just serves a different purpose now.

I would run it until you either decide to keep it and save for something else, or sell and dump the coin into a M2.

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
i have a CZ712 I've worked over and run right now but its time for a upgrade. I have the M4 hanging out in the safe so was wondering if it was worth modding or if would just destroy the value. i put it up for sale right now just seeing would like a M2 or maybe even a versamax

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If I were you I'd sell the CZ and M4 and get a full race package M2 from accurate iron. It is hands down the best shotgun for 3-gun.

Go read the various threads on Brian Enos about failures and fixes for the VM, mossberg and others. I've been running the same used M2 since 2010. I haven't changed one part other then the mag tube spring.

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
going to keep the cz so when my friends want to try and shoot or think about getting into 3gun i can let them abuse it. was plaining on talking to AI once i got a M2 in hand ill get one eventually just be faster if i sold the M4 or trade it. slowly gathering some parts in the mean time.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Jesse Tischauser said:
If I were you I'd sell the CZ and M4 and get a full race package M2 from accurate iron. It is hands down the best shotgun for 3-gun.

Go read the various threads on Brian Enos about failures and fixes for the VM, mossberg and others. I've been running the same used M2 since 2010. I haven't changed one part other then the mag tube spring.
I am replacing a few of the VM parts on my son's right now. I have added a geiselle hammer, and will change out the locking cam pin, firing pin and spring. We had a few light primer strikes as the hammer was peened. Outside that, the loading port on the VM is awesome. Mike did a wonderful job and the extra 1/2" is a bigger target for the quad load. It is like throwing a hotdog down the hallway.

I thought about working a trade with you, but I really dont have any use for a M4, as cool as they are.

I can get you a new M2 for just under $1200 shipped to me if you wanted any of my work done to one.

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
I thought about working a trade with you, but I really dont have any use for a M4, as cool as they are.

I can get you a new M2 for just under $1200 shipped to me if you wanted any of my work done to one.
every one need a bad ass SBS M4 in there shop to show off LOL!!!! soon as i get rid of the M4 i will get in touch with you on that for sure. If you would send me a pm on what all the race package consists of and a price range so i know how many pennies gather up. Thanks man!

randy Thompson

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Keeping the cz 712 still have the M4 for sale but now have a 26" M2 on its was to AI for the full race set up.

Latest posts