M2 barrel swap

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
It's time to start beefing up (or slimming down) the Benelli M2. I'm leaning towards swapping my barrel if the Field barrel will fit my M2 tactical. Does anyone know the answer to that question, or do I need to contact Benelli?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
yes but the cost of just a barrel is pretty expensive

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I was also looking at getting another benelli barrel. After some good advice I am going another route and just saving a few more dollars for a whole nother shotty. 5 to 6 hundred for a barrel alone or 1000 for a whole gun. It's a hard pill to swallow but I think it's the right way to go in the long run.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
yes but the cost of just a barrel is pretty expensive
Yeah, I see them for $425 and I would hope I could get some out mine. One reason I would just like to replace the barrel is because I know my shotgun hits where I aim now after having it fixed.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yeah, I see them for $425 and I would hope I could get some out mine. One reason I would just like to replace the barrel is because I know my shotgun hits where I aim now after having it fixed.
Do you really think after changing the barrel it'll still hit the same.
I have a 21" barrel & reeeeeeaaaaally want to trade it for a 24" but it shoots slugs like a freakin' lazer & there's no way I'm giving that up.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Do you really think after changing the barrel it'll still hit the same.
I have a 21" barrel & reeeeeeaaaaally want to trade it for a 24" but it shoots slugs like a freakin' lazer & there's no way I'm giving that up.
I believe so. Kurt was kind enough to fix it up for me. It was shooting slugs low left. way low. The barrel had nothing to do with it, but the mag tube receiver.

Maybe you sell me yours and you go get one of those 24's. :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
TroyDB said:
I believe so. Kurt was kind enough to fix it up for me. It was shooting slugs low left. way low. The barrel had nothing to do with it, but the mag tube receiver.
yeah, I'm aware of how the alignment tool works but I'm just not 100% sure the barrel I'd get in trade would be 100% straight.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
If you were

Wall said:
yeah, I'm aware of how the alignment tool works but I'm just not 100% sure the barrel I'd get in trade would be 100% straight.
If you were going to trade someone for a 24", I wouldn't either. That's really why I don't want to trade anyone because I don't know if their "bent" barrel had been whacked on a tree or not, also one of the reasons I wouldn't want to buy just any used M2 field shotgun.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know where I can find a 21" vent rib barrel? Right when I decided to go ahead and buy a 21" barrel before selling my 18.5" barrel, I found out that Midwest Gun Works is out of stock after showing in stock for about the past 3-4 months. Can't find one anywhere. I'm glad I didn't sell the barrel first. it looks like my only option will be selling my M2 and replacing it with a field model unless I wait patiently, LOL, I know that's not going to happen.

Latest posts