m&p stipple for competition

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey all I wanted to get some advice from you that have a stipple job by mike (olyeller) or anybody else. I want one that grips as good as grip tape if not better. These are the ones I have it narrowed down to. Thoughts? comments?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
of those, I like top left

BTW: nice Vette

Hey all I wanted to get some advice from you that have a stipple job by mike (olyeller) or anybody else. I want one that grips as good as grip tape if not better. These are the ones I have it narrowed down to. Thoughts? comments?

Chris_Andersen

Certified
I have this style stipple job on my production guns and really like it...
SANY0281-1.jpg

I think you will find that you like it alot better than grip tape. I know Mike also has a couple of other styles now that I dont see in your photos that you might like. That top left style that Tony likes is the same thing I have on my Limited guns and I can tell you that it is VERY grippy.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have the top left from Mike on my 4 Glock competition guns and my Benelli M1. I thought it would be too harsh at first but now I love that stuff. I'm gonna have him stipple the door handles in my cars and all of my plastic handled shovels and the mouse for my computer too:)

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
I have this style stipple job on my production guns and really like it...
SANY0281-1.jpg

I think you will find that you like it alot better than grip tape. I know Mike also has a couple of other styles now that I dont see in your photos that you might like. That top left style that Tony likes is the same thing I have on my Limited guns and I can tell you that it is VERY grippy.
so with that said is the one on your production gun grippy enough? which would you pick if you could only do one?

I have the top left from Mike on my 4 Glock competition guns and my Benelli M1. I thought it would be too harsh at first but now I love that stuff. I'm gonna have him stipple the door handles in my cars and all of my plastic handled shovels and the mouse for my computer too:)
ha why not have stipple your tv remote while your at it?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Is it for an M&P? I love the way they have the nice little lines to use as an edge. With Glocks you just have to kind of roam around with the stippling and stop wherever you feel like. The M&P looks cleaner.

I like this one

mp3.jpg

Chambers

actual GM
The one Burk quoted is the one I'd go with. One of those is actually a pic of my production M&P...the bottom left one in your original post.

I have that texture on the front strap and it is the grippiest I've seen so I'd use it everywhere but the back strap. The vertical lines I got on the back strap provide good traction side to side but allow your hand to slide up the grip on the draw. Helps you get a natural high grip. Also remember the M&P interchangeable back straps aren't hard plastic like the rest of the grip and don't feel the same once stippled.

It doesn't matter too much -- they are all huge improvements. Get the grippiest one you can or the one you like the looks of the most.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I like this design:

DavidsPictures128.jpg

DavidsPictures130.jpg

DavidsPictures131.jpg

The horizontal grooves on the front strap don't impede the fingers going around it. The vertical lines on the backstrap insert on the top picture engage the support hand very well, witout being obnoxious about it.

Pics #2 and #3 show a variation where the right side of the backstrap insert has horizontal lines, again, to allow a smooth gun-hand grasp, while the left side has vertical lines to engage the support hand properly.

Notice how the stippling doesn't needlessly go up onto the bottom of the triggerguard.

Latest posts