m&p questions

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Does the m&p pro or 9L barrel fit the full size gun? If so does anyone have the actual barrel lengths? And prices. I dont really want to pay $225 for a threaded barrel. So I'm looking for cheaper options.

it will fit, but it wont shoot for crap. the muzzle end is oversized.

A cheaper option is to use your stock barrel and just get closer to your target.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
it will fit, but it wont shoot for crap. the muzzle end is oversized.

A cheaper option is to use your stock barrel and just get closer to your target.

Paper targets don't work well as supressors. Which is my actual goal. I was tring to figure out if its cheaper to buy a threaded barrel for my nine or get a .22 with a threaded barrel and then buy a supressor for it.

I have a 22/45 mark3 with a bull barrel can that be turned and threaded or is it just better to buy a replacement upper?

Thanks for the info.

ah, no on the pro barrel,

yes on the 22/45.
Is it better to buy a replacement? threading the stock will probably cost you 60-80.
a tac sol will cost you a couple hundred. what do you consider better?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
yes on the 22/45.
Is it better to buy a replacement? threading the stock will probably cost you 60-80.
a tac sol will cost you a couple hundred. what do you consider better?
tac sol will be much lighter than the stock upper

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I see. Although I would love the lighter upper. The least expensive route will probally be the best option for now, and I will have to look into getting the lighter upper for the kiddo/wife to have fun with later.

Thanks for the info guys

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/997541_SandW_MandP_fullsize_9mm_threaded_barrel_w_thread_protector.html

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Wasn't planning on one that fast. Unless it hangs around ill miss out. Thanks for pointing it out to me though.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Standard thread pattern for 9mm is 1/2X28 or were you wanting a different pattern? Also, you could sell the .22 and get a factory threaded 22/45. I just paid $350 for the new 22/45 Lite with threaded aluminum receiver. If you just want a suppressor for play, go with the .22. There is a ton of difference in both suppression and weight/length. If you will use it mostly for a pistol, go with the Spectre 2. The SS Sparrow is also great.

Latest posts