LWRC M6A3 initial range report

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a full review. Someday, I'll do a full detailed review with photos and video with a detailed strip down of all the parts. Today, I took the LWRC out to get my red dot sighted and thought I'd do a quick accuracy report using a red dot at 50 yards.

Here's the pic of my "iRifle."

lwrc2.jpg

The specs:
16" gov profile barrel. Cold Hammer Forged 41V45 steel and NiCorr treated 1:7 twist.
1 piece M16 style BCG with Fail Zero type nickle coating and dual extractor springs
LWRCi nickle coated combat trigger (similar to Spikes Tactical Fail Zero trigger) No creep, glass break, about 6 pound pull.
Vltor Emod stock
Aimpoint PRO 2 MOA red dot
AAC Blackout flash hider

This M6A3 has the adjustable gas piston system that allows me to completely turn off the gas, which turns it into a single shot. It also has settings for Adverse and suppressed. I left it on normal.

I sighted in the red dot using cheap American Eagle 55gr .223 ammunition. This was shot on a bench with a sandbag shooting at 50 yards. It was about 43 degrees outside with little wind out at Canadian County Gun Range.

After spending about 20 rounds learning how to shoot a damn rifle again, I finally get my groups to tighten up. Not bad for a 2 MOA red dot at 50 yards.
50-223.png

Next, I decide to try some 77gr BTHP 5.56 bullets from Silver State Armory.

50-556.png

Overall, I'm happy with the results and accuracy from this rifle. This will probably do for me until I get a good scope and test it out to 200 yards.

Latest posts