Looking for a new Glock holster

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
Hey guys, I am looking around for a new holster for my Glock 22's. I currently use a Blackhawk serpa, and I really like it. What I don't like about it it that it scratches the hell out of my pistols. The big thing I like about it is the retention that it has.

So I need advice on another holster that offers some kind of retention on the pistol.

What would yall reccomend

Thanks, Justin

redneck1861

I am starting a new armed secrity job, so I guess it will be for duty and for concealment. I like to use the same holster while at work and while CC of duty.

And level II should be fine, unless you know of a decent price on a level III

cheech_029

Well-Known Fanatic
Our department just switched to Safariland 6360, which is a Level III holster with an X300 light.

But, the greatest thing we did was get the Safariland QLS system included with our holsters. With the QLS system we can use the same holster on our drop leg or molle vest as we do our duty rig.

Highly recommend this QLS system because it means you don't have to re-learn another holster and you only have to invest in one.

6360 might be too much retention but at least check out the QLS system if you are looking at Safariland.

Also, the cops shops are always competing for business, I always beat them up for a better price. I know if you have to order it from a manufacturer then expect 4-8 weeks wait time.

redneck1861

I have looked into them a little, but have not been able to fondle one yet. Is there anyway that you could post pictures of it? I can look it up but only find pictures of the outter side, I would like to see what the inner side looks like, not the actual inside of the holster, but the area where is goes onto your belt.

Thanks for the help, Justin

cheech_029

Well-Known Fanatic
photo2.jpg

Special Ops in OKC has some in stock if you want to put hands on them.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Safariland ALS holsters. They make one with an adjustable backplate that can be swapped for a paddle, or attached to other moounting systems. It's suede lined kydex with a proprietary retention system that I feel is superior to the Serpa.

redneck1861

Thanks for the picture Cheech. How long did it take you to get used to the draw on it? I have never drew from a level 3.

cheech_029

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the picture Cheech. How long did it take you to get used to the draw on it? I have never drew from a level 3.

It's still a work in progress. But I'm coming from an old safariland that just had a thumb break. Now that was a fast holster.

This new one is nice for duty because when you go hands on you just reholster and don't have to worry about resetting any of the safety features.

Matthew77

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not sure there is a good all in one. Safariland for duty for sure. Off duty I use a Tagua leather. Not the most expensive on the market, but for less than $50 it is soft leather and break in is very short time.

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like my Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB carry.

Latest posts