Looking for a Comp. Holster/belt

yibomb

Well-Known Fanatic
I am going for a duty holster from Safariland, 7TS SLS Duty level 2 Retention. I had a few questions for everyone. What is the best ride for holsters, mid or low? I plan on getting at least a level 2 retention so the gun doesn't fall out. Is there any advantages to getting a level 3 for comp? Should I just go the cheap route and go to Amazon for a Bladetech Revolution OWB holster for 28.71 but it doesn't have any strap for retention.
Belt choice is either a Cr speed when they get my size in stock or some sort of Safariland. I also read that you should get a belt 2-3 sizes bigger than what you wear. now that I have a cart full of 350$ of gear I have more question. I should be fine just running ELS quick connect, plan on getting two sets so 4 full adapter plates. Another question for the mag mounts should I go with the belt or tactical option? And when I get the mag caddies and shotgun caddies do they come with ELS plate on them already?
Also what quick connect system should i get for the duty holster?

Cart
$112Model 7280 7TSâ"¢ SLS Mid-Ride, Level II Retentionâ"¢ Duty Holster
$56Model 032 ELS Competition Belt 1.75" (45 mm)
$19Model 030 Competition Underbelt, Loop Liner
$29x2Model 773 Competition Open Top Magazine Pouch
$32Model 774 Rifle Magazine Pouch
$35x2Equipment Locking System Kit

Total $347
thanks Tuflehundon for the help and hambone

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
My BladeTech WRS is dropped and offset. So I guess I would call that kinda low. As low as BladeTech gets anyway.

You don't need level III retention. Level II is fine.

Invictus practical caddies come with the option of having an els clip in the box.

Make sure you check Optics Planet for all the Safariland stuff.

Here are a couple 10% off codes too.
JESSE2EEB280
JESSE65498CF
JESSE4EF72FE

yibomb

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Jesse but the main reason I am going with all this Safariland is I got a 40% off coupon from Tuflehundon.

Main question now is for the belt system I measured my waste and I am now a 36" waste/33 size pants and most velco competition belts say to add 2"-3" to existing size so I assume a 39"/35 pant size would be the size I want. Or do I go by my 33 pant size and add 3 pants sizes. The thing that is making me choose my belt size wisely is I am the biggest I have ever been 5'9" 170lbs. I am normally 155LB Size 32 pants,34" and I would like a belt that would not be too big when I get back to my normal size. I googled pant sizes because I was a little confused, I have always been a waste size 32 and now that I am bigger I wear a size 33. The sizing chart said the measurement is your pant size so if you have 36" waste you have a 36 waste size.

Last question is concerning about all the different quick lock styles, Bladetech Tok-Lok and Safariland ELS. Is there any major pro or cons to each system? I just learned that Bladetech is a local brand in Washington so I would like to support them if I can but the 40% off Safariland is making it hard to go Bladetech.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Pant size plus 2-4".

Tek-Lok is a standalone system that works with any normal size belt

ELS is a whole system for which you need a special belt from Safariland. It is modular and excellent, and $$$$. It works within itself, and its only limitation is the hole spacing. You need a bunch of ELS clips to use it.

jtischauser

Curious how much different 40% off at Safariland is versus 10% off at OP. I know 30% at 5.11 is still way higher then 10% at OP because 5.11 retail is cray cray! Might be worth a comparison???

yibomb

Well-Known Fanatic
I went with the Safariland ELS 032 Belt set up with all the pouches and locking system. Also got their level 2 retention mid mount holster. I just wish i bought it an hour before I did, i could have gotten a free retail $80 knife for spending over $100.

my set up ran $247 with tax and free shipping. the total was close to $380 before 40% off I also added a locking system for the holster so the extra 30$ is from that. I was doing a comparison with bladetech on amazon and it was $180ish with free prime shipping. Only major difference was it had a $30 revolution holster. I didn't mind spending the extra $70 ish on safariland's quick locking system and holster with level 2 retention and built for my gun with tlr-1.

jtischauser

Mitch Gibson said:
Those Safariland discounts are no joke. At times they are the best deal in all of shooting.
Cool I've never bought anything Safariland. Despite their huge support of the shooting sports I couldn't get over the chips patrol basket weave look everything had until a year or two ago. I really wanted to go els when it came out but the holes in the belt turned me off. I'm to particular about all my gear being in different/perfect spots.

Good luck!

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Jesse Tischauser said:
Cool I've never bought anything Safariland. Despite their huge support of the shooting sports I couldn't get over the chips patrol basket weave look everything had until a year or two ago. I really wanted to go els when it came out but the holes in the belt turned me off. I'm to particular about all my gear being in different/perfect spots.
Good luck!
Hey that basket weave **** goes on clearance. I think all the mag pouches I've bought for 3-Gun were basket weave style, lol.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Curious how much different 40% off at Safariland is versus 10% off at OP. I know 30% at 5.11 is still way higher then 10% at OP because 5.11 retail is cray cray! Might be worth a comparison???
Definitely worth a look. I can get some pretty serious discounts off retail from a couple major optics manufacturers, but Optics Planets list price, not even counting any discount code you can get from their shooters is a few dollars cheaper on many of the models I've looked at.

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmm, Kore Essentials. If you're looking to carry…my new favorite concealed carry belt is the Kore Essentials with X7 Buckle.