Limited Holsters

I'm looking at buying a race holster with move moving to limited. I was looking for field reviews between the Double Alpha Race Master or the CR Speed WSMII. I was leaning towards the DAA since it looked more simple to use but would like to hear from users on what their preference is.

Thanks

mikey80

Negative Approach
I ran a Ghost holster for a while. I went back to a kydex because I draw more confidently with it. My buddy made it. It's called a "Dave's Tactical Taco"

mikey80

Negative Approach
Jared Carpenter said:
Triple Crown Holsters. Boom end of thread
Do they even make those anymore, Jared? I've tried to attain one several times. If you have an in on those, lemme know! I've been trying to buy one since last July.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Micah_Rowe said:
Do they even make those anymore, Jared? I've tried to attain one several times. If you have an in on those, lemme know! I've been trying to buy one since last July.
I'm not sure if he's still making holsters or not.
Last time I saw Troy he was neck deep in teaching LEO classes.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Depends on what type of shooting your doing. I love my DAA race master for uspsa. But don't like the idea of running around with it in the holster. I'm gonna run my production gun for 3 gun for now

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
What gun are you running in it? I tried the DAA for m,y Glock and didn't like it, ended up switching to a Ghost holster which I liked much better. I also liked the CR Speed holster quite a bit. The DAA was best with the 2011.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't had my DAA Race Master for long, but I love it. When it's locked in, you are NOT getting the gun out of the holster with any amount of force. You can unlock it before the stage or during your draw.

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
Jared Carpenter said:
Triple Crown Holsters. Boom end of thread

Troy is not making holsters at the moment.
Chad made some kydex stuff for me recently and it is top notch!

https://www.facebook.com/getstronghand

I tried to get holster made from Troy and Micahs friend but they did not come thru for me so I bought a Safariland 014. I will probably have another kydex holster made soon, when I do I will give Chad over at Strong Hand Solutions a ring!

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
Chad at Strong Hand Solutions has made a few for me as well and mag pouches to match! He's awesome and I highly recommend him as well. I talked to Troy the other day as well and he's just way too busy teaching :(
I have a CR Speed WSM11 as well but the whole lock and unlock thing I'm not comfortable with so I went back to my kydex holster since I'm so used to it. I can vouch though that the gun will not come out once it's locked....I've put some force on it to try and see in dry fire...never came off though.

Latest posts