Lifter Welded for 3 Gun

Feegee

The Magic Man
What dose it mean when you say a welded lifter, and can it be done to any semi auto shotgun I have a mossberg 930 spx now and plan On getting a m1 soon

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
i know this isnt probably the place for this question but since the topic was just brought up,

what does welding the lifter mean and do?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You see that little cut out in the front of the lifter? When your amped up on adrenaline from the buzzer going off you can fit even the biggest thumb in there. It will tear a finger nail off when you pull your thumb out.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Well as usual the pictures posted of a "stock" Benelli are of an old style, pre 1992. This style of lifter DOES NOT need to be welded up as it was almost perfect the way it was. The New style has a much more pronounced cut out, that you can see the ghost of in the second welded up lifter picture, those are the ones that can snag your thumb.

Now before we start "telling" Benelli to "fix" something remember Hunters are just not in as big a hurry to load their guns as we are, so as far as Benelli is concerned it is just fine. I am working with them to produce a lower priced gun ready to shoot matches with, but don't hold your breath. This is a big company and things like this take LOTS of time. KurtM

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I hear a guy named "C Rums" or something does it. I need to get mine welded. I have managed to keep my fingers clear for now, but I know eventually it will get snagged.

It only took getting my thumb stuck in the Benelli once before I got that lifter welded. Lets just say that getting bit by your shotgun is the opposite of a good time!

Latest posts