leupold optic on 3 gun nation

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
just out of curiosity... what leupold optic are the guys on 3 gun nation running? seems at least half are running a leupold and im just wondering what model... maybe the 1x6 multigun?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Most of them run the Swarovski Z6i. Very few run Leuopold actually. Team FNH is about it.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
I don't care how badass the scope is, $2400 is way out of line.
It's all a matter of perspective. When I first started there were no local matches and an $800 scope was crazy talk. Now that I spend $1000-1500 to go each major i can rationalize just about anything to make me suck less.

billdozer

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a vx-6 multigun, which is a great scope for the money. My buddy has the mark 6, the reticle in it sucks for 3 gun, and the glass doesn't appear any better than mine. I did a side by side comparison with both and the swaro, hands down, the swaro glass was a lot brighter and clearer. While I don't see one in my future, I can see why it's so popular among the pro's. If your going to spend over 2k, I wouldn't even consider the mark 6.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
Casanova is running a prismatic 1x dot. He does just fine with it. Jesse or Chris correct me if in wrong but isn't your longest shot 50 yards or so in the pro series? I have another question, how often do u get above 2 or 3 power?

jtischauser

Hensy said:
Casanova is running a prismatic 1x dot. He does just fine with it. Jesse or Chris correct me if in wrong but isn't your longest shot 50 yards or so in the pro series? I have another question, how often do u get above 2 or 3 power?
. The bays at USSA (which is now the home range for the Pro Series for 2014 including the shoot off finale) are 60 yards deep. When we shoot cross corner you're looking at 50-65 yards max. I run 2-3X on the 2-3 stages that have the 50ish yard shooting. There are several shooters like Mike Voight, Rick Birdsall, Ravin Perry, Matt Burkett, James Casanova that run 1X red dots. The field of view is probably more important that magnification which explains the red dots. If you compare FOV numbers on variable power scopes the Swarovski wins that battle too.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
My point at that is you don't have to have a 2200 dollar scope to be competitive if you are a badass with a red dot you can make it. But at times magnification is nice

jtischauser

Hensy said:
My point at that is you don't have to have a 2200 dollar scope to be competitive if you are a badass with a red dot you can make it. But at times magnification is nice
To become a badass with a Red Dot you will likely spend more than $2200 in ammo to get there.
But yes you can have a lot of fun with a $200 red dot on a rifle.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
so what are people doing at matches with 400 or 500 yard shots... eotech would be pretty hard at that distance imo..... well depending on size of target

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
i guess they have multiple guns (obviously at that level lol) but for the avg joe or gondo i only have one rifle for now and love running my eotech but got my butt handed to me shooting some clays at 175 yards the other day... so i have to think in terms of a do all rifle for now

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
I have one rifle prismatic and vx-6 depending on what match I shoot depends on what optic

jtischauser

gondo said:
so what are people doing at matches with 400 or 500 yard shots... eotech would be pretty hard at that distance imo..... well depending on size of target
They hold over if using a red dot. Usually the 300+ targets are full size IPSC steel. Not too bad if you practice it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
gondo said:
so what are people doing at matches with 400 or 500 yard shots
practice.......practice.........& more practice

Latest posts