Left Handed Benelli for 3 Gun

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just found a camo 24" M2 lefty for $700. I'm half tempted to buy it for myself. That lefty would be sweet! All the "stuff" is right in front of you and easily accessed by your support hand.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I just found a camo 24" M2 lefty for $700. I'm half tempted to buy it for myself. That lefty would be sweet! All the "stuff" is right in front of you and easily accessed by your support hand.
Port loads would be frikin' sweet.

jtischauser

Here is the link to that south paw 24" M2. Dont let the fact that it's left handed scare you. All the controls are still on the right hand side. You just get to see the ejection port which is a good thing.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226260973

Chambers

actual GM
Seems awkward to me to port load the ejection port on the left, and having to move your hand to the other side of the gun to close bolt seems....slow!!

I bet I can port load my righty gun faster. I bring the shell under and slap the bolt release on my way out.

jtischauser

Seems awkward to me to port load the ejection port on the left, and having to move your hand to the other side of the gun to close bolt seems....slow!!

I bet I can port load my righty gun faster. I bring the shell under and slap the bolt release on my way out.

I dont know man? Can you port load without dismounting the gun from your shoulder? I can't. I have to drop it down under my armpit, roll it to the right, and then blindly toss the first round of my next 4 in there hoping I don't bump the button releasing the bolt prematurely.

With a lefty you could easily flick that first round into the ejection port with your thumb while it's still shouldered.. Then A's your going to load the next 3 in the tube you go a little farther and yap that button. You could run the Arredondo and turn it down at am angle so that it was super easy to reach.

I don't know if you would save much time. .2-1 second maybe but it might be more consistent. Either way it seems feasible to run a left handed gun A's a righty.

Chambers

actual GM
Yeah, I can port load at the shoulder.

Probably agree with you on the consistency thing, but I don't think it's any faster off the belt. The only real advantage I see is IDing malfunctions...which could be a big deal.

If someone worked out a device to close the bolt without reaching around it could be a winner!!

jtischauser

I'm Gonna have to split this thread into like 3 topics eventually. How do you port load off the shoulder? Over the top or underneath? Grab 1 shell port load it release bolt grab 4 more for the tube or grab 4, port load one, load remaining 3 in tube?

Chambers

actual GM
Grab 1, port load 1, and if I need more in the tube, I load them normally. I go underneath, kind of cup my hand around the receiver, roll the shell in with my 3 middle fingers, then hit the bolt release.

I'm in this habit because I pretty much only run dry on the last array. If I drop a shot in the middle of the stage I alter my reload plan and load an extra shot or two. I guess if you were in the middle of a stage it would make the most sense to grab 4, port load 1, and tube load 3. Kind of hard to compare the two methods.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Here is the link to that south paw 24" M2. Dont let the fact that it's left handed scare you. All the controls are still on the right hand side. You just get to see the ejection port which is a good thing.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226260973

Please tell me someone here bought that.

Chambers

actual GM
Some of those cowboy action guys are hardcore. That's impressive, but the hat's gotta go!!

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but he never fired that shotgun???? I'd bet good money that with a little practice Jesse or Mike or Chris etc could do that just as fast... Hit targets while doing all that and I'd be really impressed.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but he never fired that shotgun???? I'd bet good money that with a little practice Jesse or Mike or Chris etc could do that just as fast... Hit targets while doing all that and I'd be really impressed.
Agreed, he's fast but it's quite a bit different when they go bang.

Latest posts