Late to the game | Quad Loads

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
After loading Deuces for the last year or so, I finally made the plunge and started practicing quad loads. I am using the Taccom Double Deuces ($53.00 from www.makereadyproshop.com).

I have only practiced a total of about 1 hour (3-4 sessions) and it is getting progressively easier. The key seems to be in the proper "grab". After that, it is pretty close to loading deuces. I am experimenting with offsetting the rim of the first row of shells so that the first two into the gun are set lower in the caddy (2nd picture)

Any tips or advice are welcome. (except for "don't suck". That is not welcome)

20151003_180155-1_zpssda6mxnb.jpg

20151009_153246_zpsq4ifqq5u.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If I know I need a fast load I will offset the shells just a 1/16" inch. The only way to quad load fast is to go fast. Don't try to be slow and deliberate. It just doesn't seem to work well.

Oh and Don't Suck!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Just depends how you like to grab them. I run my caddy more vertical in the left side. It just feels better.

I think you can get more ammo in less space that way too.

TACCOM

Sponsor
Hey Burk....was great talking with you on the phone last week (I believe). I see you got the DDD8's from Tony (another good man). You asked about the whole vertical/horizontal thing for shell orientation.

The Deuce's line......unlike any other shell holder out on the market, including some of our other designs.....is a little bit different on the grab. Normally, you would pull the shells off the caddie by extending your arm away from your belt. With that style, one would tend to sway toward having the shells more vertical and maybe tipped back for a natural hand position.

On the Deuces line.....shells are not pulled away from the belt, rather the shells actually come across the carrier. What this means is that you can run the shells more horizontal (and maybe tipped back a little). Instead of extending your arm away from the carrier.....you will actually be doing more of a scoop with your hand, and pull almost straight up, basically doing a curl with your arm. This does 2 things......A) gives you better control of the shells coming out of the carrier and 8) provides for a stronger pull on the shells. Another benefit is that once you pull the shells out of the carrier, you will find that continuing the motion brings the shells rights up to the load port with no change in direction of movement.

Jesse is right......running the shells in more horizontal can allow for more efficient real estate management on the belt.......we also recommend that you place the first set of Deuce's on the hip, almost horizontal.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
TACCOM said:
Hey Burk....was great talking with you on the phone last week (I believe). I see you got the DDD8's from Tony (another good man). You asked about the whole vertical/horizontal thing for shell orientation.

The Deuce's line......unlike any other shell holder out on the market, including some of our other designs.....is a little bit different on the grab. Normally, you would pull the shells off the caddie by extending your arm away from your belt. With that style, one would tend to sway toward having the shells more vertical and maybe tipped back for a natural hand position.

On the Deuces line.....shells are not pulled away from the belt, rather the shells actually come across the carrier. What this means is that you can run the shells more horizontal (and maybe tipped back a little). Instead of extending your arm away from the carrier.....you will actually be doing more of a scoop with your hand, and pull almost straight up, basically doing a curl with your arm. This does 2 things......A) gives you better control of the shells coming out of the carrier and 8) provides for a stronger pull on the shells. Another benefit is that once you pull the shells out of the carrier, you will find that continuing the motion brings the shells rights up to the load port with no change in direction of movement.

Jesse is right......running the shells in more horizontal can allow for more efficient real estate management on the belt.......we also recommend that you place the first set of Deuce's on the hip, almost horizontal.
Thanks Tim. . I might experiment with them more horizontal and see how I like it.

Latest posts