Last round jams

DukesDad1760

Fanatic
So I bought a used, but never shot Kimber LW Nightstar full sized 45acp from Cabelas a few weeks ago and it is such a sweet shooting, accurate pistol! But it jams on the last shot of every magazine!! It came with 1 factory magazine, and I bought a new one as well, also a Kimber magazine.
Before everyone starts ripping Kimber apart, I have owned several Kimbers, and they all shot and functioned perfectly. I am a fan.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this particular type jam??

Attachments

• 9A262165-BA3F-4F36-BC51-31F0A86BAB60.jpeg
    9A262165-BA3F-4F36-BC51-31F0A86BAB60.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
So I bought a used, but never shot Kimber LW Nightstar full sized 45acp from Cabelas a few weeks ago and it is such a sweet shooting, accurate pistol! But it jams on the last shot of every magazine!! It came with 1 factory magazine, and I bought a new one as well, also a Kimber magazine.
Before everyone starts ripping Kimber apart, I have owned several Kimbers, and they all shot and functioned perfectly. I am a fan.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this particular type jam??
Beautiful gun you have sir. Have you possibly tried a different brand of mag? I had a Colt that would occasionally leave the last round laying on top of the mag with the slide locked back after the last shot. It was an 8rd Factory Colt mag. I'm not sure if I relaxed my grip on the gun enough to make it hang up or what. I never used that mag again. I personally stick to 7 round mags in 1911 45acp, just my choice, and I don't seem to have any problems. I have Colt and Springfield 1911's.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I am going to pick up a Chip McCormick, or Wilson mag and see if it persists. Gun might need s break-in maybe. Still had factory grease in it when I detail stripped it.
It is a beautiful gun, and it appears to be a great shooter too. Hopefully you'll get it figured out. You may also consider trying an Ed Brown mag to try too.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

I had one 1911 that did that with any mag. It was the Extractor needed set up right.
With 9 Colts I never buy or trust Colt Mags 1911/M16. That's the only time I had a last round FTF was with the new Factory 1911 Officers model.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
It is a beautiful gun, and it appears to be a great shooter too. Hopefully you'll get it figured out. You may also consider trying an Ed Brown mag to try too.

I had one 1911 that did that with any mag. It was the Extractor needed set up right.
With 9 Colts I never buy or trust Colt Mags 1911/M16. That's the only time I had a last round FTF was with the new Factory 1911 Officers model.
I have great luck with Colt 7rd Govt. mags, that being said I also have a boat load of Springfield 7rd mags that are fine too. I use Okay mags as well as P Mag mags in my AR, 20 rounders (I'm solidly old school) LaDonna uses 30rd P Mags in hers. In my LW Commanders I usually use Metalform 7rd with round top followers.

Latest posts