Kytac IWB Appendix carry holsters

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
I started carrying in the appendix position a little over a year ago and find it a comfortable way for me to easily conceal a handgun, yet have it ready accessible for use should I need it quickly. David E of www.kytac.com , and local shooter, made one for my S&W M&P 340 .357 snubby revolver. I liked it so well I had him make one for my Kahr PM9 as well. Both guns are equipped with a Crimson Trace laser and David made the holsters to fit perfectly. I asked him to make the PM9 one sit very low so it is super concealable in even the lightest t shirt.
Recently I purchased a Glock 26, one of several I have owned over the years. Yeah, I know, I have a gun trading, selling, and buying addiction. At least it's cheaper than crack, I think. Anyway, I wondered how this heavier and thicker pistol would carry in the appendix position. David made one for me and I tried it at the Heartland Carry Gun Match. You know, the match that was started for all of us to get real practice with guns we carry and may have to use to defend our lives with. Lots of people carry competitive pistols in race rigs at this match but I've always shot it with a concealed pistol that I unloaded in the parking lot and loaded back up when I left. Oh well, too each their own, I'm sure everyone is already aware of my thoughts on that and I have collected the full amount my thoughts on the subject are worth, absolutely nothing. The Glock 26 carries and conceals great in the Kytac holster. I think it's more comfortable for me than the Sparks IWB holster I was carrying it in about the 4 o'clock position. I not only shot with it last night, but I rode my motorcycle with it today and it is really comfortable. As you can see, it's very concealable and easily reached from a standing or sitting position. I've also included pics of the PM9 and snubby holsters. If you're thinking you might like appendix carry, I'd recommend you contact David and have him make one for you.
P1010329.jpg

P1010330.jpg

P1010339.jpg

P1010340.jpg

P1010341.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
You know, the match that was started for all of us to get real practice with guns we carry and may have to use to defend our lives with. Lots of people carry competitive pistols in race rigs at this match but I've always shot it with a concealed pistol that I unloaded in the parking lot and loaded back up when I left. Oh well, too each their own, I'm sure everyone is already aware of my thoughts on that

Jeez, you can't keep your editorials to yourself can you? :rofl:

HEY, its a "The Burk"

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Nope, can't keep the editorials to myself. Some say it's a gift, we all have our special talents.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Great post and review. I just can't talk myself into IWB carry. I used to (when I was skinnier) but ever since the cancer surgery and getting married I've put on some weight. I carry my G26 OWB at the 9/9:30 position.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I have tried and tried to carry IWB but they all seem to dig in! maybe due to the bit-o-belly and then it might be the G23 but I feel comfortable with the pistol. One of these days I'll find an IWB that works until then I guess it's cardio for me.

Nice poke Pstmstr ;) Later,

Kirk

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
David modified that same pattern for me... with a slight forward cant (Burk has the one similar). It works behind the hip, strong side.

If you can make apendix carry work... there are some advantages to it. If your on the ground or being held around the arms... odds are you can get a hand to the appendix holster when getting around to the hip is impossible. If I was thinner and longer-waisted I'd be an appendix junkie too.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Even when i was much thinner i didn't like appendix carry. I do have two KyTac Bravehearts that compete for attention with my 2 Comp-Tac Minotaurs. I wear them just rear oh the hip. I am 5'10 and 235-250 most days and far from being in shape.

Dave's work is above reproach and his holsters are fast!

Ljimenez74

Fanatic
Hello all, anyone know how to get in touch w/ David at Kytac? I've been emailin and calling but no luck. I'm up in Illinois and would like to order a couple of "The Burk" holsters. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Hello all, anyone know how to get in touch w/ David at Kytac? I've been emailin and calling but no luck. I'm up in Illinois and would like to order a couple of "The Burk" holsters. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

I just sent him a text. He should show up here shortly

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Makes me want to strap on a race rig for the carry gun match, then do the 2nd shoot with my 9mm suppressed AR SBR.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
There are 3 threads in the review forum alone just for KyTac holsters with 71 posts and over 5500 views. A site wide search for "Kytac" finds over 89 threads and the word "Kytac" appears 181 times in those threads.

You are quite popular. You should be a forum sponsor as many referrals as you get from here :D