Kydex OWB Holster

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I haven't carried this yet so I will save the review until I do so. For now just pictures. I know a review won't do much good if we don't know who made it. I am trying to find out.

P1270017.jpg

P1270018.jpg

P1270019.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
The only thing I have found out so far is a guy on TheHighRoad.org (and GlockTalk) with the username of "Klutch" made it.

Dave, let's see one of yours...........

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Well, I got to use my "new" holster last night and I really did like it. The draw was MUCH faster with this holster than with my normal leather IWB. I don't think I would use it much for daily carry because it rides a little lower than I like. The retention was superb, in fact, you had to give it a solid tug to get it out and re-holstering was a breeze with a nice crisp "click". The gun rides very close to your body due to the curved nature of the design (see pics in first post). Also, the easy on/off with the snaps was a nice feature.

Overall for a match holster or maybe open carry around the farm, I give this a 3.75 hollow point rating (out of 5).

I did correspond with the maker and he still makes and sells these, as well as other designs. So if you want to try one search for *klutch* on GlockTalk.com or TheHighRoad.org

IMAG0359.jpg

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, that's one of mine.

I don't do the indented triggerguard thing unless specifically requested. (and I can't talk them out of it)

I also don't do the "let it mold into the ejection port" thing, either.

Instead, I use a tension screw to allow the user to set the amount of tension he wants. This results in a much smoother draw, lacking the "pull it really hard first" present in other brands.

I don't bring the top on the outside as high as the one pictured. As I recall, he wanted it to cover a bit more than standard.

It also is flared slightly at the top, to facilitate reholstering.

Also, it's pretty compact for a pancake style holster. I hate it when the holster takes up more space than it should.

It has a sight channel that goes ALL THE WAY UP. (which is unusual, these days)

And of course, all edges are beveled,radiused and polished.