JUNE 6, 1944

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
D-DAY

Growing up, Pop would talk about it every so often. He landed on Utah with the 4th Infantry Division. He spoke of things in the video, like being dropped in the wrong place. He spoke of the Hedge Rows, Saint Lo Breakthrough, Linking up with Patton and the 3rd Armored Division (If I remember correctly) & liberating Paris, Belgium, Shells exploding in the trees raining down shrapnel and heavy tree wood in the Hurtgen Forrest, and The Battle of the Bulge.

Got the Omaha video in an NRA email - and found Utah and Pointe Du Hoc

1655344711523.png

Hurtgen Forrest

1655345504361.png

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
D-DAY

Growing up, Pop would talk about it every so often. He landed on Utah with the 4th Infantry Division. He spoke of things in the video, like being dropped in the wrong place. He spoke of the Hedge Rows, Saint Lo Breakthrough, Linking up with Patton and the 3rd Armored Division (If I remember correctly) & liberating Paris, Belgium, Shells exploding in the trees raining down shrapnel and heavy tree wood in the Hurtgen Forrest, and The Battle of the Bulge.

Got the Omaha video in an NRA email - and found Utah and Pointe Du Hoc

View attachment 26874

Hurtgen Forrest

View attachment 26875

Such unselfish bravery, and yet so many have forgotten, or worse yet do not care. They go about their lives worrying when they get their next latte, or some other crap! The folks who came from that generation were definitely the best of the best! Truly the Greatest Generation. We have so often let them down, and we have tarnished their memories. May Almighty God have mercy on our souls, though I wouldn't not blame Him if He does not. Thank you for reminding us, I'm as guilty as anyone for letting them down.

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It's hard to think of how our hero's would feel today seeing all their sacrifices gone to hell with the current Commies in control.
My hero went in to Normandy & lived to bring me into this world & left at age 96.

Did Vietnam teach us anything? How hard will a people fight for freedom? I wish I had some real hope of the American citizen fighting back & winning
our country back.

What did the WWII hero's buy us? I was born in 51 & have enjoyed a free life to pursue my dreams up until recently, that is.
war history GIF

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Such unselfish bravery, and yet so many have forgotten, or worse yet do not care. They go about their lives worrying when they get their next latte, or some other crap! The folks who came from that generation were definitely the best of the best! Truly the Greatest Generation. We have so often let them down, and we have tarnished their memories. May Almighty God have mercy on our souls, though I wouldn't not blame Him if He does not. Thank you for reminding us, I'm as guilty as anyone for letting them down.
Don't be so hard on yourself Lee. In a way maybe they are proud of us. I think that the democrat communist party decided after Sandy Hook that they were gonna turn us into Australia. Every law passed to make it happen has been met with MASS NON-COMPLIANCE. The struggle continues . . . but I wouldn't bet the ranch on them succeeding. (If only I had a ranch to bet)

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
It's hard to think of how our hero's would feel today seeing all their sacrifices gone to hell with the current Commies in control.
My hero went in to Normandy & lived to bring me into this world & left at age 96.

Did Vietnam teach us anything? How hard will a people fight for freedom? I wish I had some real hope of the American citizen fighting back & winning
our country back.

What did the WWII hero's buy us? I was born in 51 & have enjoyed a free life to pursue my dreams up until recently, that is.
war history GIF
Yeah, I don't know Mike, my Dad was gone @2009 & things were not anywhere near the upside down alternate reality we are in now.
But I will say, even then at the beginning of Obama, IT REALLY PISSED POP OFF!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't be so hard on yourself Lee. In a way maybe they are proud of us. I think that the democrat communist party decided after Sandy Hook that they were gonna turn us into Australia. Every law passed to make it happen has been met with MASS NON-COMPLIANCE. The struggle continues . . . but I wouldn't bet the ranch on them succeeding. (If only I had a ranch to bet)
Thank you JC54. I appreciate that. The resistance continues.

Latest posts