JP Barrel kit question

Warpig

Active Fanatic
I recently bought a JP 18" Barrel kit with a seamless comp.on it . Unfortunately the Comp. is not aligned with the center of the Barrel,that is to say that it was not tightened quite enough. I bought this Kit NEW and don't know much abaout JP, Thought that at least they could install a Comp straight on a $639.00 Barrel Kit . But I guess not. Can anyone tell Me if I can tighten this {seamless} Comp.? Or are they permanently attached ? Seem's like if it's threaded on and torqued that I'll need a new jam nut ? Any advice or former experience with this would be a great help to Me . I don't really want to trash talk JP if it's something simple to fix. Although like I said it came factory built this way and if they can't insall a compensator straight ,What else is slipping by quality control at JP. Someone help Me please cuz I really want to brag on them instead. Marc

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Try tightening it up. There is no washer it is clocked and blended perfectly with the barrel. If it won't tighten send it back they didn't cut the shoulder on the comp correctly.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Try tightening it up. There is no washer it is clocked and blended perfectly with the barrel. If it won't tighten send it back they didn't cut the shoulder on the comp correctly.
I agree with Jesse they blend the comp and barrel so well send it to them, you will only be irritated at your self if you don't.

Warpig

Active Fanatic
much appreciated info, kinda what I was thinking . Eyesight a lil poor but I now see the seam and understand what Your saying about needing to take a little off the shoulder.I will let JP do that if needed . Dont think it would tighten more. Hopefully they have a good customer support team. I purchased thru Shooter's Supply and hope I don't have to go to them to return it , guess I'll see. Maybe the receiver I ordered will not let Me down. Thanks again. Marc

Warpig

Active Fanatic
Just off the phone with JP , You guy's were right in telling Meto tighten it up . Eric at JP told Me that they leave them a lil loose so it's easy to remove for building. It has not yet been torqued down .Wish I would have been sent a manual with the kit I would'nt feel so stupid now . I've since downloaded one off their site. Can't wait to finish My build,I'm still waiting for a evolution 12ex handguard kit and low mass bolt carrier.

Latest posts