JB weld for a wide front dovetail? Anyone tried this?

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
I have Dawson FO on 2 guns, a S&W627PC and I just installed one on my DW Valor about 2 weeks ago. Great front sight.

When I put the first one on my 357 I swear I was trying to figure out where the battery was the thing was so bright. Yes, hyperbole but they are that bright. I have a few other FO sights on other guns that aren't as bright and having alot of extra FI rods in the range box I got some out and practiced on making up new rods paying particular attention to the ends, melting them to get a big smooth rounded end and it helped alot on a fee, others not so much.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Dawson supplies great things for gunners, and rocket fast, free shipping on most items, even in these times. I use DP every chance I get.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Years ago I put on a rear site on a 1911 using JB Weld...didn't last 50 rounds before it flew off the slide. Took it to a gunsmith that silver soldered it, I think, the rear site...no problem since then.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Years ago I put on a rear site on a 1911 using JB Weld...didn't last 50 rounds before it flew off the slide. Took it to a gunsmith that silver soldered it, I think, the rear site...no problem since then.
Silver solder is some freakin tough stuff, it's kind la permanent but could be heated to remove.

Latest posts