IWB caution

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I have carried AIWB exclusively for years. I trained but never really had any concerns with safety issues.

Today when I took it off my my undershirt was tucked slightly inside the trigger guard.

Kind of gave me pause.

Be careful out there

posted via Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
DD78 said:
Now are you holstering the gun after the holster is in place? Or do you put the gun in the holster, and then put both on as one unit? I do the latter and I've never had that happen and I only carry appendix.
I normally put in on as one unit. I had the gun out for some reason (rare) and reholstered.

posted via Tapatalk

DD78

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I normally put in on as one unit. I had the gun out for some reason (rare) and reholstered.

posted via Tapatalk
Yep. When I practice my draws with the gun empty, I've had the shirt ride into the holster despite being very careful. When I carry an XDS, it's not as big of an issue because I just pull my right thumb off the gun and place it on the back of the slide disengaging the grip safety. Even if I do that, I still remove the holster if there's on in the pipe.

About a month ago there was a guy shooting a USPSA match on my squad, and I noticed that he wasn't wearing a typical rig. He was drawing from IWB and I was like WTF? I mean, it's good for carry practice and all, but I won't mess with an IWB holster at a match like that. I believe he was shooting a Glock which makes that even worse. Just one piece of t shirt and a nice bullet channel down the side of your leg. He was carrying at 3 o'clock on his hip. He was also wearing those sock shoe things that look like gloves on your feet. He had all sorts of strange **** going on lol.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
mattmiller (Robusto) said:
Was he working on his Parkour moves before the match?
15998b81ca852141780aa26e85211adc.jpg

posted via Tapatalk

Latest posts