Introduction

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well it looks like I've been appointed (or is it drafted?) as the IDPA Mod for the forums, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been running local, state & regional IDPA matches & classifiers since 1999. I've worked as the Chief Safety officer at the IDPA Nationals several times. I've been the Asst. Match Director for the last two IDPA Nationals and I'm one of two IDPA Safety Officer Instructors for Oklahoma.

I'm currently a 4 Division Master in IDPA, all of them by winning at the IDPA Nationals. I'm and Expert in ESR Division. I was the IDPA Stock Service Revolver Champion in 2005 and 11th overall out of 362 shooters at last years Nationals. I've attended (and worked) numerous matches in other states, to include the S&W Indoor Nationals in Springfield, MA and the Carolina Cup on Oxford, NC. I have somewhere around 40 1st place wins at state, regional and national level IDPA matches.

Hopefully by now I have some ideas about how to run and shoot IDPA matches. If you have any IDPA related questions or need assistance, just shoot me a PM or post up a question in the IDPA section.

Welcome aboard, Jerry. Glad to see you here.

If you have any suggestions on how we can make this a more informative forum, please let Brandon and/or me know.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the Mod squad Jerry! You are definately the man for the job!

I am a card carrying IDPA member but I have yet to shoot a sanctioned IDPA match. What are the classification levels? Expert, master, etc.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the Mod squad Jerry!  You are definately the man for the job!

I am a card carrying IDPA member but I have yet to shoot a sanctioned IDPA match.  What are the classification levels? Expert, master, etc.

There are 5 classes in each division. They are: Novice, Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert and Master. Classifications can result from one of two ways. You shoot a 90 round course of fire consisting of three 30 round stages with a total of 14 separate strings of fire. The distances range from 5 to 20 yards. Spoiler Alert! A complete classifier will be embedded into the 6 stages of the November 13th USSA IDPA match!

The other way to classify is called a bump. If you compete in a sanctioned match and beat 10 shooters in your class and above per place, you will be promoted to the next higher classification. So let's say you're competing as a Stock Service Pistol Sharpshooter and there are 27 shooters in your class. The 1st and 2nd place SSP Sharpshooters will automatically move to SSP Expert. Let's say you place 3rd and you also beat 3 Experts or Masters, you will bump to expert as well. If you place 3rd and only beat two Experts or Masters, you will remain a Sharpshooter. Bumps in one division do not effect classifications in any other division.

IDPA Director Joyce Wilson publicly announced at the IDPA Championship awards banquet a few weeks ago that they are now considering a Grand Master class. This idea was met with thunderous applause. There were 30 SSP Masters at the Championship and I've seen 20+ at some regional matches recently.

Feel free to hit me up with any more questions or comments.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Thanks Jerry!

So I don't have to try to find one of those classifier matches I just need to shoot the USSA or Oil Capital monthly match to get classified, right?

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Jerry!

So I don't have to try to find one of those classifier matches I just need to shoot the USSA or Oil Capital monthly match to get classified, right?

Well we usually have the classifier as part of the monthly match about twice a year at USSA. I can also do classifiers before or after a match with advance requests. Jack Ostendorf is the man to ask about classifiers at Oil Capital. He usually does them in about the same manner as we do.

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
Looked at the IDPA web site and read over some the rules and this looks like something I would like to check out. Where in the OKC area are the matches occuring?

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Looked at the IDPA web site and read over some the rules and this looks like something I would like to check out. Where in the OKC area are the matches occuring?

None in OKC currently, unfortunately. Right now I'm aware of IDPA matches in Tulsa, Coweta, Muskogee, and Hinton. They used to have them in Duke, but I haven't heard if they're still active.

Someone needs to get one started in the OKC area!

BravoOne

Founding Member
Muskogee is still not sanctioned...

Glad to see ya here Glocktogo!!! We met briefly at the DEC2010 match! Was a pleasure & look forward to shooting with you (albeit I'll be gettin' stomped, but fun in the process ;))

Latest posts