Idiot Question

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Who knew, me with a bone head question....

I have a 3rd Gen S&W 4506. I know they're wildly (sarcasm intended) popular. I neglect this platform quite a bit. I was wondering if it falls into the guidelines for singlestack? I see it's on the production list. It has 8 round mags I have 10 round mags for it. So long as the gun fits in the box with magazine and the mags themselves aren't more than the 140mm max it is legal in production with the 10 round mags, it is on the production list.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Should have cleared that up a bit.

1. Will it fall into singlestack. I'd like to get classified there.

2. In production, is it legal with the larger mags or, is this going to push me I to limited 10?

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
I want sure about that, I've seen, in other states, folks ruining Sig p220s in single stack. I know it's s club level match but that's why I asked.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I've seen, in other states, folks ruining Sig p220s in single stack.
they would be breaking the equipment rules for SS division.

APPENDIX D5 â€"Single-Stack Division Cont.
Special conditions:
â€" Only 1911 production type pistols. Must be available to the general public and have their basis in the original 1911 service pistol as designed by John M. Browning. Pistols made from components that duplicate the factory originals are acceptable. Frames must be metal.

9x45

Fanatic
Bill, the S&W 4506 is not legal for SS. So in the beginning of time, John Moses Browning delivered the 11 commandments. The 11th being "Single Stacks are, will and shall always be only be a 1911. You shall not put other guns in front of the 1911, especially not false guns like Glocks" So it was said, and so it was written, and carried forth into time by Col. Cooper to modern times.

You are better off in L10 anyway.
DVC, but mostly C

2300-19081.gif

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Lmao love it guys, if it fits in the "box" and the mags don't exceed the max length in the box etc is it legal to run the 10 round magazines.

Latest posts