I Think I Have Talked Myself Into Shooting an IDPA Course...

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
A range a couple hours away has a monthly IDPA competition, and I think I am going to try it out.

Hmm, Glock, or 1911... Leaning towards the Glock, just because I am trying to learn that gun better. And fewer reloads. :cool:

Ohrings

Fanatic
I started shooting IDPA at my club in Oakland County, Michigan. After two months I decided to become an SO to get a better idea of the rules, now goin on my 4th year. OK to answer your question, go with the .45acp. Just like Bullseye or PPC, the bigger the bullet the more apt you will get a lower score. I 9mm on the edge of the edge of the "0" count (lower shot score and faster time, is the best. So, you have a 45acp that hit the same spot as the 9mm. The size of the bullet will cross over into the center area with a "0") count penalty while the other guy gets 2 points down.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
You will enjoy it, just take your time and be safe, don't want a DQ, I shoot a 9mm Desert Eagle 1911, ten in mag and have a Barney mag to start with eleven, good fun though, most matches people very helpful with new to match shooters, Glocks good choice also, have fun!

Latest posts