Dan Wesson I caved and bought a DW Valkyrie

Geno58

Fanatic
Thank you
Well, I keep watching these Dan Wesson Valkyries goes for crazy low prices and I couldn't resist anymore... I can't keep being tempted like this, so I caved lol. I'll officially be a 9mm Valkyrie owner in a few hours!
Congrats..! Valkyrie 9mm was my first Dan Wesson. Here's a pick of my first range time with it. Shot at 15 ft off hand with hand loads.5448E3AF-8DAC-43EE-8A8A-CC7FD8119F22.jpeg 221C395F-1B75-4BF3-B839-8969799E8B32.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
WOW. . I just picked it up at the gun shop and I'm getting ready to clean her up.
It feels amazing in my hand, I think it's the perfect size for me. The trigger is AWESOME! The first thing my buddy / gun shop owner said was "I checked it over, I'm still smiling about the trigger!"20181109_172854~01.jpg 20181109_172835~01.jpg

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
WOW. . I just picked it up at the gun shop and I'm getting ready to clean her up.
It feels amazing in my hand, I think it's the perfect size for me. The trigger is AWESOME! The first thing my buddy / gun shop owner said was "I checked it over, I'm still smiling about the trigger!"View attachment 2153 View attachment 2154
Great pickup man!
That's awesome. You will not regret it.
After I received my first Valkyrie, I was so impressed. Then I looked later and somehow it multiplied.
3C9E5311-EA40-4483-AF02-2B3F28ED53D1.jpeg

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
.45, 9mm, and 38 Super.
Is the 38 a Commander? My 9mm is the CCO, but they only have it in 9 and 45 unless thay used to make it in 38?

I am going to take it to the range later, along with my full size Springfield RO Elite 9mm to compare. If I love the CCO size as much as I think I do I may pick up a PM-C in 38 SuperB lol I'd love a Valkyrie in it tho, I like this Duty Treat more than I even thought I would. It just "feels" more durable than my RO Elite. Time will tell...

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
Is the 38 a Commander? My 9mm is the CCO, but they only have it in 9 and 45 unless thay used to make it in 38?

I am going to take it to the range later, along with my full size Springfield RO Elite 9mm to compare. If I love the CCO size as much as I think I do I may pick up a PM-C in 38 SuperB lol I'd love a Valkyrie in it tho, I like this Duty Treat more than I even thought I would. It just "feels" more durable than my RO Elite. Time will tell...

All three are Commanders.

Dan Wesson's are engineered and made with parts who's dimensions are so closely controlled that for the most part they interchange between similar models. This cuts down on assembly time and fitting while maintaining a superior production 1911 with high quality parts.
So I bought a second 38 super Guardian and a second 9mm Valkyrie and swapped barrels springs and extractors.

These two guns look and function like
they were the original barrels and parts.

For the record, I don't recommend what I did without having it checked out by a gunsmith.

Last edited:

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
Just back from the first range visit with the Valkyrie. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement! You guys were right about them, it has an amazing trigger (to me) right out of the box! I am going to be a good boy and follow the owners manual break in, so I only put 50 rounds through it today. Next I shot my Springfield RO Elite 9mm...while I still think the RO is a great shooter, the DW outshot it right out of the box... Now I'm hosed, I'm going to be wanting another DW, or maybe a Les Baer, Ed Brown, or Wilson!

Here a picture after the very first magazine through her. It's from 10 yards. The high shot was my first, the next 7 were a nice grouping for the first mag, in my humble opinion .. 20181110_150345.jpg

Latest posts