How's your day going?

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I hope your day is going well and you're seeing plenty of personal and professional success -

Feel free to drop a line to let everyone know how your day is going or if you need some encouragement.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
36 more school days, and then I am officially RETIRED!

Yes, yes, everyone... Enough is enough, after 12 years driving a school bus. I'm am throwing in the towel and retiring.
I just can't do this anymore, if you know what I mean. Kids (even tiny little 2nd grade elementary school kids!) are completely out of control! Whether or not all that COVID nonsense played a roll in it, who knows....

Ooooo, the stories that I could tell.... But, can't due to the nature of internet forums. Use your imagination! :oops:

dennishoddy

Been retired for 9 years now. Wife and I are nomads traveling in our RV 7 months a year. We just got home today from a trip to the SE part of the country. Spent a week in Biloxi, two months in Gulf Shores and a week in Destin Florida before arriving home tonight. Saw the eclipse in SE Arkansas yesterday.
Gearing up in another month or so to spend the summer in the Duluth Minnesota area with some RV friends. Always chasing that 70-75 degree weather and different shooting locations when getting there. We have found some interesting ones over the years.

TomVMurphyTX

New Fanatic
Got automagically Retired early from Xerox last year. I am having a happy second childhood by building Legos (Star Wars themed of course), relearning electronics, computers, and programming (so many new to me languages) and reading about different gun stuff that I never had time for before (ok that isn't so much a childhood thing but I can be quite childlike giddy when I find a way to assemble the dozen or so unfinished gun projects I've collected).

dennishoddy

Decided to ride the 4 wheeler to the sandbar on the river today and do a little catfishing in a deep hole I know of.
It was such a nice day that I really didn't care if anything bit the bait or not. Love the isolation and quiet. Never see another soul.
Did manage to catch three channel cat though.

IMG_2959.jpeg

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Congratulations, HooDoo Man, on your retirement. It's been 14 ? or 15 ? yrs. since I retired, ( as soon as I could..@ 56 y/o..) gave up 20% of my small pension to leave early..& still consider it well worth it.. Spent my working years in mental hospitals..& a prison. So, if I seem strange, I've got a good excuse for it.
Enjoy your retirement HooDoo Man, you earned it , & deserve it.

Latest posts