How many got into the controlled hunt drawing?

dennishoddy

I got signed up for the Elk hunt, and deer hunt at the Witchita Mtn, big mac, and Salt plains.
The drawing is coming up pretty quick, and its always a time of excitement, and anticipation. :D

Winners will be posted July 6, 2011 at 8 a.m.
I don't sleep the night before, but guess I should. I've not been drawn for the elk hunt, since putting in for it in the 70's. :(
Drawn a couple of hunts at Salt Plains which can be challenging, depending on the hunt one draws.

Who has drawn hunts, and where did you draw?

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
Texas County antelope doe for me.....Now I just have to find some landowner that will let me go out and try to shoot one...Anybody from the Guymon area?

dennishoddy

Texas County antelope doe for me.....Now I just have to find some landowner that will let me go out and try to shoot one...Anybody from the Guymon area?

Don't hold me to this, but as I understand it, when you check in, there are ranchers there with land to lease. If the Rita Blanca National grasslands is in your area, its public hunting, and there is no trespass fee.

You might try to place an ad in the Guymon news, or see if they are online, and check their classified section for opportunities.
Good luck, and keep us in the loop on how you got permission, or found a place to hunt. Others are in the same boat your in right now.

Latest posts