Here's what I picked up yesterday

Airic

I shoot.
Picked up my first 3gun dedicated shotgun yesterday. Got to play with it for about 5 mins last night but everything looks good. Gonna slap my other Nordic tube on it to make it limited legal and I'll be ready to go for TacIrons. I am a little concerned about the 28" barrel, probably gonna have to change that out to something shorter or get it worked on. I'm not an open guy so I'm probably gonna sell/trade all that extra stuff for the remaining things I need to compete.

Specs:

Remington 11-87 Sportsman set up for Open 3 gun
28” Vent rib barrel with fiber optic sight, Improved Cylinder Choke
Nordic extension to 10 rounds
DMW Ez-loader
Tecloader bracket and 2 tubes with Arredondo guide rods 1 Tube has a break in it, but still works fine
Arrendondo Speed chute
Arredondo Jpoint rib mount
Remington Barrel Seal Activator
Metal Follower
Cheek-EZ Comb pad
Extra Pistol grip stock with slight modification
Stock spring, follower and tube cap
Likes Walmart Remington Bulk pack. Doesn’t like loads under 1200fps
The receiver at the mag tube has been relieved for smoother loading.

33934947562121095085.jpg

Chambers

actual GM
Hope it runs for you. Grab your rifle and bring them both to the Gun Club in a few weeks. It's going to a blast.

Airic

I shoot.
Ya I'm thinking that match on the 20th is gonna be the first for both of em (new rifle/shotgun). I just gotta get some range time in before I show up.

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
very nice, I'm still hunting a 3 gun shottie, post up a review after you break her in if you can

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Nice 11-87!

very nice, I'm still hunting a 3 gun shottie, post up a review after you break her in if you can

I just bought another 24" M1 off gunbroker too. It is going to go to Accurate Iron for some goodies and be up for sale. It should be very reasonably priced.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Keep it wet, keep the o-ring fresh (like every 100 rounds) and you will enjoy it. The barrel is a bit long for traditional 3-gun shotguns, but if you find it works for you, have at it. Don't worry about what everyone else is running. The best tac-optic shooter with the highest average finish last year shoots a Remington Sprortsman 48 and goes by the name of Eric Miller.

Airic

I shoot.
Hey Mike, this is the first semi-auto that I have owned (meaning had to take care of) this is the part your talking about, the rubber o-ring? (barrel seal):

06142102238065389329.jpg

I'm going to run the barrel for a while, but I will eventually change it out for something shorter. Have any suggestions on barrels?

Latest posts