Gunsmith near Oklahoma City for Savage work?

Daywalker

Founding Member
Anyone near OKC that does Savage work?
I am looking for someone to true and time the action and install the barrel.
I did last barrel myself but just realized that when my safe was stolen my action wrench and barrel nut wrench and head space go-no go gauges were in it.
By the time I buy all that again could just have it done.
Here is my problem... I need low turn around time.
3-4 weeks is about all. I'm still waiting for barrel to get here so I not ready yet just trying get some idea what I looking at.
Anyway if there is anyone doing this work if could let me know price and time frame I would be grateful!

Kurt.

dennishoddy

I don't live in OKC, but I have heard the Gunsmith at H&H is pretty good. I'm sure there are more out there. Hopefully somebody from that area will respond.
Fast turn around may be the biggest issue.

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve Baldwin in jones ok
Site dosent say much about his gunsmithing but I hear he's one of the best around for long gun stuff
http://www.baldwin-sights.com/

Daywalker

Founding Member
There is nothing on the site but that name sounds familiar.
Sent him an email. I think Mike recommended him to me once but I ended up doing it myself just do not have the tools out access to lathe anymore

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve Baldwin in jones ok
Site dosent say much about his gunsmithing but I hear he's one of the best around for long gun stuff
http://www.baldwin-sights.com/

+1 on Baldwin. He bedded the action on my Savage 10 FCP. Kind of weird he lives only 2 miles from Cyrwus that is building my 2011. I'm spending a lot of money in Jones America.

Latest posts