Nighthawk GROOT BUYS 1ST NHC

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I know right? I was like, what the what?!

Groot......forgot to mention, if you don't have experience with a nitride finish, do your diligent research on cleaners and lubes. The use of gun scrubber or other aerosol cleaners can make the finish appear blotchy. My opinion, if it's in an aresol can, throw it out. The standard popular oils are fine. I use Slip 2000 EWL, works well for me

A bit of discussion on Addicts.....

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/safe-cleaners-for-black-nitride-finish.31163/
great advice. I like their products
break in all my guns with some slip 2000 and supe rlube multi- liquid...zero issues with any guns due to lube

Glock2740

Fanatic
Congrats! These are great guns. I picked up a T4 in 9mm last year and really like it a lot.

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats, you'll love the gun. I own the NHC Falcon (45ACP) and the Kestrel (9mm). They're two of my favorites, amazing to shoot. Never had an issue w/ either one of them. I also own Ed Brown and Les Baer, and while they're all outstanding guns, I tend to come back to the Nighthawks.

As far as cleaners, they recommend Gibbs Cleaner. They sell a 2 oz bottle for $7.95 and it should last a couple of years.

NHC Kestrel & Falcon.jpg