Grip tape placement

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm looking for a template for placement of grip tape on the Glock 35, which I think has nearly the same frame as the G17.

I have some grip tape & googled that I need to be sure and use a hair dryer to heat it up & help it form after applying it. But I was wondering if anyone knew of a template so I would know how/where to cut. Like on the finger grooves? Or just a piece on each side of the grip/magwell?

Ideas? What have you done that has helped?

I don't know how or have a burner to stipple, so that is not going to help.

Thanks in advance
Kelly

DC4OU

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a Talon grip for G35 and it works great. However, when I bought my G43, Talon did not make one yet so I made my own. Take a thin piece of paper (like tissue paper) and wrap it around the grip. Draw where you want the grip tape applied. Then cut out the tissue paper and make sure it is how you like it. If it is a winner, put it against your grip tape and trace around it to get your pattern. Then just apply your grip tape. After applying the grip tape, use a blow dryer to get it seated well on the pistol. There is probably a better way to do it, however I have had good results with this method. Good luck!

dennishoddy

KellyB said:
I don't know how or have a burner to stipple, so that is not going to help.

Thanks in advance
Kelly
A $20 soldering iron and youtube is your friend on stippling.
Practice on cheap AR grips.

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
I did the grip tape yesterday. I made a template with paper. It made a huge difference in hanging on to the gun. I can't believe I hadn't done it before.
My hands were a tad sore & rough up afterwards. That's probably just a sign this hand lotion loving buttercup needs to toughen up. Lol

DC4OU

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the rubberized grip tape because it is not so rough and does not catch on your clothes. It allows you to grip the pistol just as well and does not leave your hands roughed up.

Latest posts