Got This on a Trade

Nerdwithguns

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi all got me a new tactical shotgun yesterday I traded this
1991 Honda Civic. Went to start is about a year ago and nothing. Think it is the safety switch under the clutch pedal. Never got it look at because did not drive it much.
Mossberg005.jpg

For this
Mossberg 590. Got it from a guy used one like it in Iraq. Bought it when he got back two years ago. He shot a few rounds through it and stuck it in a case in his closet.
Mossberg003.jpg

Mossberg002.jpg

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
If they can get that Honda fixed, it will be a good trade for the other party as well. I think that was the last of the 1.6L engines. I know someone who has one; he consistently gets about 44mpg.

As for the Mossy, does that top folding stock have any markings (aftermarket) or is it factory? That would be a nice addition to my wife's 500.

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a brake switch and a clutch switch on those cars whose pins are engaged by a hard plastic button that decomposes over time.. once the button breaks, it leaves a hole in the bracket and the switch pin passes through without making contact. If you ever see something that looks like crumbled blue or yellow crayons in the floorboard, thats the button crumbling.

I replaced the button with a SS bolt (head contacts the switch pin), and readjusted the switch position, and drove another 50k miles.... I spent an extra hour in the walmart parking lot figuring it out when it failed on me....temp fix was a taped washer covering the hole.. that got me home....

SC